Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.2 some devices appear by IP not hostname

dears

i've problem in LMS 3.2 that some devices appear in RME by ip not hostname although they are in HOSTS file !

i tried to use resolver.pl tool and it can fetch the host name when typing the ip but devices still appearing by ip  !

i'm using Comon Services 3.3

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.2 some devices appear by IP not hostname

The device which are already in LMS DCR would stay as it is, if they are added by IP already.

If you are sure all the devices are in hosts file, than you should modify your scheduled discovery job for Update DCR Display Name check box.

Select this checkbox if you want to update the display name of the devices that already exist in DCR, in the next Device Discovery cycle.

For example, consider a device which is discovered by Common Services Device Discovery, exists in DCR with the display name as its hostname.

If you change the Preferred DCR Display Name as IP Address for the next Device Discovery, Common Services Device Discovery will update the display name of the device as its IP Address in DCR after the next Device Discovery.

The display name of devices are not overwritten in the future Device Discovery cycles if you have not selected this option.

For more details check :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.3/user/guide/dcr.html#wp1469536

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content