Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 syslog connection refused

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I get the following error:

SyslogCollector - [Thread: SyslogObjectForwarder] ERROR, 27 Mar 2012 09:02:12,254, Could not send syslogs, removing the subscriber...Connection refused: connect

SyslogCollector - [Thread: SyslogObjectForwarder] ERROR, 27 Mar 2012 09:03:15,223, Could not send syslogs, removing the subscriber...Connection refused: connect

Syslog subscription seems ok but syslog messages are dropped and not forwarded:

SHOT1479.jpg

I attached SyslogCollector.log, SyslogAnalyzer.log, AnalyzerDebug.log

Tnaks

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

Ignore these error messages as these comes often. What is important to note is if the Collector is subscibed properly.

What is important to check is if the counters are incrementing even if Filetered or Dropped and see for Received as well.

if so, please make sre your Filters are configured properly as only due to filter the Syslog message are not forwarded. Check different combinations which work, following is the way they work :

-If you DISABLE all the filters and have the filter type as KEEP, then all the syslog messages are processed (kept).

-If you DISABLE all the filters and have the filter type as DROP, then all the syslog messages are dropped. No filtering is done but everything will be dropped.

-If you ENABLE all the filters and have the filter type as KEEP, then all the syslog messages that match the filter criteria are processed.

-If you ENABLE all the filters and have the filter type as DROP, then all the syslog messages that match the filter criteria are dropped.

Check mine for example :

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks Vinod for the explanation.

I restarted CiscoWorks process with "net stop crmdmgtd" and "net start crmdmgtd" and syslog are now forwarded correctly.

Hi Wass,

This is great news. Though in future if the processes requires restart you may just want to restart the Syslog processes first to save time and reduce application downtime.

Most essesntial processes are SyslogAnalyzer and SyslogCollector. You can use the command pdterm to stop and pdexec to start the process.

example :

pdterm SyslogAnalyzer

pdterm SyslogCollector

pdexec SyslogAnalyzer

pdexec SyslogCollector

For a small detail on Syslog i have prepared one image whcih you can check for refrence.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

very helpful document, thanks!

Wass

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: