Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - Tomcat issue

Carlos Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're having problems with one LMS 3.2 installation. A couple of months after installing and configuring all the LMS features (HUM included) we started to have problems accessing the GUI because of tomcat.exe process that is consuming almost 100% of CPU all the time.

I saw this post regarding the same issue but I would like to know if someone can please give us another hand with this. I'm posting the stderr.log and stdout.log files as well as the output of the http://SERVER:1741/cwhp/ThreadDump.jsp requested in the other discussion.

Our LMS 3.2 is installed on a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise machine with 2CPUs, 4GB RAM and 8GB Swap.

Thank you.

Regards,

Carlos Morais

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

You will need to increase your java heap space size as there error in the stderr.log-old-2 that says the following:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.SecretServiceServlet threw exception

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

To resolve OutOfMemoryError, please do the following:

1.       Go to NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin\tomcatParameters.txt

2.       Open this file, and you will find lines like this:

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:PermSize=256m

3.  Make a backup of this file (copy it and rename it somewhere else like tomcatParameters.backup)

4.  Change the above lines to increase the memory:

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

-XX:PermSize=512m

5. Restart the daemon manager:

Net stop crmdmgtd

Net start crmdmgtd

Let me know if you still have issue afterwards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

You will need to increase your java heap space size as there error in the stderr.log-old-2 that says the following:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.SecretServiceServlet threw exception

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

To resolve OutOfMemoryError, please do the following:

1.       Go to NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin\tomcatParameters.txt

2.       Open this file, and you will find lines like this:

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:PermSize=256m

3.  Make a backup of this file (copy it and rename it somewhere else like tomcatParameters.backup)

4.  Change the above lines to increase the memory:

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

-XX:PermSize=512m

5. Restart the daemon manager:

Net stop crmdmgtd

Net start crmdmgtd

Let me know if you still have issue afterwards.

Hi Nael,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I don't think I'll be able to test it today, but I'll give you feedback next Tuesday when I get back to the office.

Regards,

Carlos Morais

Hi, Nael.

First of all, I'm sorry for taking so long to give you feedback. Regarding the issue, after making those changes we don't have the "SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet.SecretServiceServlet threw exception

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" error anymore (that's why I marked your answer as correct).

However, the problem isn't solved yet as we still have the CPU problem. Right now, besides de INFO alarms we only have one SEVERE alarm:

"Jan 16, 2012 4:18:49 PM org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet getServerEngineConfig

SEVERE: Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file: /WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd"

I copied the server-config.wsdd located in the /WEB-INF and I'm posting it here. Do you think it has something to do with our problem? Thank you.

Best regards,

Carlos Morais

Carlos Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any clues on this issue? I noticed the question has been marked as answered. The truth is that Nael's anser is right, but the problem hasn't been solved yet. Can you please give me some further help? Thank you.

Best regards,

Carlos Morais