cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 topology services not display user defined group

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

CM topology services doesn't display topology view for user defined group. however the "system defined " group dispaly the topology view. this wasn't the case on old LMS 2.6 but with LMS 3.2 we have this issue. did we miss something on setup/configration?

35 Replies 35

I meant NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cmapps/WEB-INF/lib/ctm_config.txt.

ok, I got and attached it!!

These look good.  Post your CampusOGSServer.log and CampusOGSClient.log.

attached log file for CampusOGSServer.log. however CampusOGSClient.log  is empty! additional Note- actually any new created user defined group no longer  show up  on topology group "user defined group container.  only the group created before this problem started show up there eventhough

as we discussed till now, didn't display the devices under thoses groups.Thanks.

What version of the Common Services MDF do you have installed?  Post your NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file.

attached mdfdata.xml

Try upgrading your MDF to 1.36 from Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.  Select the Common Services box.

Thanks, I did upgrade MDF per your instruction but no change so far.

Post the new mdfdata.xml and CampusOGSServer.log files.

I have attached CampusOGSServer.log and mdfdata.xml

I don't see any problems.  In fact, just given this log, I would think that Campus grouping is working just fine as of 1/2.  Go ahead and open a TAC Service request so some live troubleshooting can be done on this.

ok,in the mean time I have one question based on my recent observation. topology services display user defined group creating under CM. however  CS userd defined group didn't display on topology services as we discussed earlier. one step ahead even when I deleted the exisisting group from CS. or created a new group under CS. the topology services didn't show the change. that's looks to me. the communication between CS and topology services no longer exist.looks like topolgy services stack with old information.

question I have.

1st - is there any way re-initialize Cs user defined group or able to re-communicate with topology services. looks like something corrupted on CS group.

2nd - what about if I just leave CS group as it is, and re-create all my user defined group under CM - is that affecting anything. what's the difference (pros/cons) creating user-defined group under CM instead of CS?

Thanks a lot!

1. Yes, there is a procedure to drop the OGS tables from the cmf database, but you need to contact TAC to get this procedure.  It is rather involved.  This should be a last resort as you will lose all your user-defined groups.  However, if there is a problem with the OGS configuration in the database, this procedure will correct it.

2. Externally, there is no difference between creating groups in Campus or Common Services.  You can just use different attributes.  Internally, groups to evaluate a group created in Common Services, the CampusOGSServer sends a message to the CSOGSServer which actually evaluates the group against the DCR tables in the cmf database.  The CSOGSServer then returns a list of DCR IDs to Campus.  If those same DCR IDs are managed by Campus, then Campus will display those devices on the map, and in device selectors.

I think I will involve TAC to do that.in the mean time I will start create on CM new groups. I have spent enough time with this, and I don't think that much bad to recreate again. thank you so much for your time for the last couple of weeks.

Hello Mr. Clarke. I have spoke with TAC and they suggest me to re-initializing all LMS database.this doesn't make any sense just because CM database has issue and restating all LMS database.is this possible for you to see this case  SR: 613245139. Thanks.    to