Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1 backup configuration problem

gaboughanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am faing some problems in backing up devices in the network where it shows errors.

i am trying the to backup configuration for switches

1-  WS-C2960-24PC-L with an ip 10.10.x.1 (10.10.11.1, 10.10.12.1, 10.10.14.1,,,,,,,,,,,,,) but it is giving me errors,  sometimes it gives:

............................................................................................................................

*** Device Details for 10.10.12.1 *** 
Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable 
Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS 
Execution Result:
Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing
the job result wait time using the option:
Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings

....................................................................................................................................

i have tried to change the fetch setting but it keeps on changing it to default setting.

and another time this output
....................................................................................................................................
CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for 10.10.14.1 Cause: TELNET:

Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.10.14.1 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times.

PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.

Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. 
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package
is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

..........................................................................................................

2-   WS-C3560V2-24PS with an ip 10.10.x.2 (10.10.11.2 ,,,,,,) with error that i have to check the dcmaservice.log

3-  WS-C2960-48PST-L with an ip 10.0.0.100 with error that i have to check the dcmaservice.log

Note: the switches 3560v2 and 2960-48PST-L are showing as unknown in the DFM although i updated the DFM with the patch

Please find the attach the dcmaservice.log , i was not able to analyz it

Please i appreciate some help.

Regards,

George

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without debugging, it's impossible to say exactly why things are failing.  However, based on the errors, I would double-check the DCR credentials for these devices and make absolutely sure you can connect to them using the DCR credentials from the LMS server.  You can confirm this by exporting the records for these devices from Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  If SSH should be the protocol that works, also try telneting to the device from the LMS server on TCP port 22.  You will get an SSH version string back.  Make sure it is one of 1.5, 1.99, or 2.0.

The timeout problem could be symptomatic of another bug.  Restarting ConfigMgmtServer (pdterm ConfigMgmtServer/pdexec ConfigMgmtServer) may help.  The fact that the job timeout resets to the default means there is a problem with your regdaemon.xml file.  If you post this file, I can fix it for you.