Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 - ANI Server may be down

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with my LMS 4.0.1...when I tried to access anything under "Admin> Collection Settings> Data Collection>" I received the following message:

"Error while loading. ANI Server may be down. Please check for ANI Server Status in Admin -> System -> Server Monitoring -> Processes"

And then, all fields are blank in:

SNMP Timeouts and Retries

Data Collection Schedule

Data Collection Critical Devices Poller

But everything is OK, the process is running (with busy flag set) on pdshow...I tried to restart ANIServer with "pdterm ANIServer/pdexec ANIServer" and other actions mentioned in other posts but no luck at all...

Maybe It's related to another problem, where my shadow directory is not being updated, after change any configuration...in any device...

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Vicente Pires

23 Replies 23

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a new installation?

Has it ever worked?

We can try restarting the entire application (net stop crmdmgtd / net start crmdmgtd) and see if that helps.

Also, your LMS 4.0(1) is a pretty old version. There are a lot of bug fixes addressed by upgrading to the current 4.2(5) release.

Thanks Marvin,

No, It's not...It was working perfectly (for a year)..

I tried restarting crmdmgtd a lot of times, but didn't work...

I'm considering upgrade option, but It involves costs...

Since you're on Windows did the server perhaps install Windows Updates (or Java Update) around the time the failure started?

If so, you might try rolling those back.

thanks!

Sorry my delay Marvin...

I didn't have any java update since the problem started (I uninstalled Java to test)...the only thing that happend was a McAfee Antivirus update, that is configured to exclude entire NMSROOT from any action.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll ask to my Security team to uninstall that update (and the complete AntiVirus if not work).

Thanks

Vicente Pires

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Share the Aniserver.properties and Aniserver.properties.Orig file   from <NMSROOT>\campus\etc\cwsi\

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi afrahmad,

See attached...

thanks

Vicente Pires

Hi Vicente ,

Properties files are fine.

share the aniserver.log and ani.log (NMSROOT/CSCOpx/log)

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi afrahmad,

Thanks...

See log files attached

Hi ,

Found some errors and exception in the log..

We need to follow the below steps to fix the issue::

-we need to re-initialize the ANIdatabase ::

1.stop the daemon manager :

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

net stop crmdmgtd

2.Go to : /opt/CSCOpx/bin/ and issue the command :

Run the below command:    /opt/CSCOpx/bin/perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

windows::

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

3.Start the Daemon manager :: 

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

net start crmdmgtd

***IMP***   Re-initialize the ANI database will not lose any of the history information of the device.  Also ANI database does not contain any historical information as soon as the above steps are complete you need to run and new DATA COLLECTION followed by User tracking Acquisition and then check the issue.

Data collection:: Go to  Admin > Collection Settings > Data Collection > Data Collection Schedule   under "start Data Collection" > For "All Device"  >> click "START"

User tracking :: Inventory > User Tracking Settings > Acquisition Actions

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

thank you my friend!

I've just done this procedure...but I have the same error message ("Error while loading. ANI Server may be down)...

now when I try to run a new Data Collection I receive from server "You are not authorized user to run Data collection." however I'm a full authorized user...I also tried with admin user...and no luck.

If I try to create a schedule for data collection,  I'm redirected to an Apache/Tomcat error page (see attached). I found some articles about install a patch (lms40x-win-CSCto46927-0.zip)...that I already installed, but didn't work.

Thanks

Vicente Pires

As you are planning to planning to exclude the anti-virus ,it is nice idea.  hope it will work

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi guys,

I removed antivirus from lms server, restarted daemon manager and nothing changed.

any ideas?

thanks

Vicente Pires

Hi Vicente,

share Aniserver.properties  , Aniserver.properties.Orig  and ANIServer.log once again.

Thanks-

Afroz

thank you my friend!

see attached.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: