cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 Java installation 1330.A error

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing a new platform LMS 4.0.1 under VMWare and Windows 2008 R2.

I installed via Windows 2008 R2 Patch without problem in LMS 4.0, then updated in LMS 4.0.1.

I'm facing several issues during this installation.

The first issue I have is the following:

When I launched topology services, java jre file jre-6u22-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe was downloaded and I saved it on disk.

I clicked on file to install it and get the following message during the installation:

Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\lms\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_22\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.

It tried to install certificate without success.

I have internet access to java.com but it seems publisher is not trusted.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not seen your issue before but it is good to know.

I usually save the jre-6u22-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe file and later do a run-as admin.

Later I give full permissions on the directory  \program files\java\jre6\lib\endorsed\ for all Users of the pc.

It seems to need to write something there. maybe just once (should have but have not checked that yet)

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC SR and I got the following workaround explained in this link:

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=17272

Workaround:

Java Development Kit includes a public version of the JRE that does not require certificate verification. THe goal is to extract JRE part of JDK kit.

- Download JDK 6u22 from Oracle site: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

- Begin to start JDK installation from exe file (jdk-6u22-windows-i586.exe) but STOP at the first Next button (do not install JDK kit).

- Locate JRE 6u22 .cab file (sj160220.cab) under c:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Sun\Java\

jdk1.6.0_22 or c:\users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jdk1.6.0_22 for Windows 7 or 2008.

- Double-click on .cab file, right-click and select extract to save files in a temp directory.

- Cancel JDK installation

- Double-click on jre.msi file to install JRE.

Not seen your issue before but it is good to know.

I usually save the jre-6u22-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe file and later do a run-as admin.

Later I give full permissions on the directory  \program files\java\jre6\lib\endorsed\ for all Users of the pc.

It seems to need to write something there. maybe just once (should have but have not checked that yet)

Cheers,

Michel

You're right Michel.

I forgot to mention that you need at the end to give write permissions to \program files\java\jre6\lib_endorsed directory to finalize the installation.

But even if you to try to start the installation with jre exec file as administrator, I got the same issue with 1330.1 error.

I think it's due to JRE data1.cab which is digitally signed and uses a Verisign code signing certificate that is not part of Microsoft root CA list.

JDK has a copy of JRE as part of the package that does not have this issue. The goal is to split out the JRE as a standalone installer.

Thanks

Patrice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco