Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 archive configuration

Darko Gmajner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Cisco Works LMS 4.0 for collecting configurations of the devices. After changing the configuration of the device what is the minimum time that LMS detects the configuration was changed and save (make archive) the new configuration in the LMS database ? (Periodic Collection and Polling are disabled). Which mechanism drive this process, SNMP Trap ?

Thank you and best regards, Darko

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no minimum time if the ciscoworks is recieving syslogs from device and default automated action is enable, which triiggers configuration archive for a device as per some syslog messages which are sometime a result of configuration change.

Apart from this, LMS can be scheduled for running a configuration archive job often (like daily, weekly or monthly). There is default system job for this as well.

You can schedule a job to update the configuration archive for selected group of devices. You have an option to poll device configuration before updating the archive and to fetch Startup configuration.

Scheduling Sync Archive Job can be done from:

Configuration > Configuration Archive:Synchronization

The default job can be managed from :

Admin > Collection Settings: Config > Config Collection Settings

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thank you for the answer. So, the worst case scenario: you can add devices into LMS, make synch for this devices to collect the configurations. If you do not schedule the job for collecting configs, you have only one config for each device.

Best regards, Darko

A very rare one though, on a network with regular eye on ciscoworks to manage device, but yes it can be an issue if unnoticed.

Which i saw on my lab server now. only one archive since installed. You can check the version Tree view to see how many configurations has been archived.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

As I said, worst case scenario which must never happens.

Thank you again, Darko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: