Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 e-license received...no CDs

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

We received from our Partner L-CWLMS-4.0-300UP instead of CWLMS-4.0-300UPK9. Are these the same, except one is e-delivery?

And after registering the PAK we received the license via email, but there was no link to download the actual LMS 4.0 to start the upgrade process.

Is there some procedure to initiate the upgrade, or we have to wait for CDs to be delivered

All help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have your new license on hand when you perform the upgrade using the evaluation binaries. Apply the license during the upgrade (it's optional to do it during the upgrade or later) thus allowing your 300 device installation to continue managing up to 300 devices without any interruption (beyond the time it takes to shutdown the application, upgrade, and restart the server).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

L-CWLMS-4.0-300UP means :

E-delivery license for major upgrade kit from LMS  2.x to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 for up to 300 Cisco network devices. All  applications can be installed and run on a single server. The physical  media need to be ordered separately.

Please check the below link for more information on Licenses:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps11200/ps11202/product_bulletin_c25-611282.html

You can download the LMS 4.0 from the below link:

Windows server:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=18279

Solaris:

https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/networkers/productView.se.work?/nxt/rcrs/proieidentity/=18280

You can Installed the Evaluation version of LMS 4.0 using the above link and then using the icense which you have been emailed by the Licenseing team will be used to make the Evaluation version as Licensed.

I hope the above information will help

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the reply...

If I use the evaluation copy, can it upgrade the existing LMS 3.2 300 device installation? Since I understand that the eval copy is limited to 100 devices.

Thanks again

Have your new license on hand when you perform the upgrade using the evaluation binaries. Apply the license during the upgrade (it's optional to do it during the upgrade or later) thus allowing your 300 device installation to continue managing up to 300 devices without any interruption (beyond the time it takes to shutdown the application, upgrade, and restart the server).

Hope this helps.

Ok, that clears things up. I will download the eval and try it out, although I hate filling all that information on the download page!

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco