Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 initial configuration issues

Angus Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts ,

I am installing LMS 4.0 in my site newly  . I have nearly 1000 devices in network .When i had tried the autodiscovery mode using ping sweep method  the devices are getting discovered but showing us unreacheable . All the devices are going under unreacheable no devices are getting added to the DCR .

SNMP settings are configured correctly .

Please let me know whether the autodiscovery will add the devices to DCR or i need to add the devices manually .

As per my requierement i need to configure below things , is it possible to configure the same

1)LMS as SYSLOG server

2)LMS should send EMAIL notification if  device goes down , interfaces goes down , memory / cpu goes high  ,switch  module goes down

3)Need to know if cisco releases new device packages how we will update to the cisco works .

Can any one help me in getting my queries cleared

Regards

Angus

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Angus,

Yes device discovey will add the device automatically to the DCR at the end of discovery .

You just need to make sure you have given the correct SNMP and other disovery settings.......

1.Yes , LMS as SYSLOG server is possible.

2.Yes it is also possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/admin/useNotif.html#wp1069457

3.In LMS 4.0 , we have a new feature that you can sechduled a job for Device pacakges update.

I hope this information will help..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

HI Afroj ,

Thanks a lot for your reply , i have configured the mail forwading .

The problems i was facing is the below,

When i was trying to update the device package i was getting  cisco.com not found with error code 404 .

I have downloaded the nexus package from the cisco site and tried applying but it was also failing .

I need to configure port utilization monitoring for   only 2 switches uplink ports , if the port utilization goes beyond 80% traffic need to trigger a mail .

when i was trying the option  monitor > fault > performance  i was not getting my devices in the device list for configuration .

Regards

Angus

Hi,

for Device pacakge issue, Kindly download the below Patch , this will fix the issue

lms40x-win-CSCto46927-0 (windows)

lms40x-sol-CSCto46927-0 (solaris)

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

HI Afroj ,

Thanks i will update the patch and let you know .

I have a issue when creating performance threshold .

When i try to create performance threshold  (monitor > performance .)

I am not getting the instances to add the threshold . Please let me know why the instances are not coming in instance selector .

Whether i need to add the instances manually .

Please find the attached screenshots  where i am not able to see the instances to add the threshold .

Regards

Angus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: