Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.0 initial configuration issues

Hi Experts ,

I am installing LMS 4.0 in my site newly  . I have nearly 1000 devices in network .When i had tried the autodiscovery mode using ping sweep method  the devices are getting discovered but showing us unreacheable . All the devices are going under unreacheable no devices are getting added to the DCR .

SNMP settings are configured correctly .

Please let me know whether the autodiscovery will add the devices to DCR or i need to add the devices manually .

As per my requierement i need to configure below things , is it possible to configure the same

1)LMS as SYSLOG server

2)LMS should send EMAIL notification if  device goes down , interfaces goes down , memory / cpu goes high  ,switch  module goes down

3)Need to know if cisco releases new device packages how we will update to the cisco works .

Can any one help me in getting my queries cleared

Regards

Angus

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Angus,

Yes device discovey will add the device automatically to the DCR at the end of discovery .

You just need to make sure you have given the correct SNMP and other disovery settings.......

1.Yes , LMS as SYSLOG server is possible.

2.Yes it is also possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/admin/useNotif.html#wp1069457

3.In LMS 4.0 , we have a new feature that you can sechduled a job for Device pacakges update.

I hope this information will help..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

HI Afroj ,

Thanks a lot for your reply , i have configured the mail forwading .

The problems i was facing is the below,

When i was trying to update the device package i was getting  cisco.com not found with error code 404 .

I have downloaded the nexus package from the cisco site and tried applying but it was also failing .

I need to configure port utilization monitoring for   only 2 switches uplink ports , if the port utilization goes beyond 80% traffic need to trigger a mail .

when i was trying the option  monitor > fault > performance  i was not getting my devices in the device list for configuration .

Regards

Angus

Cisco Employee

Hi,

for Device pacakge issue, Kindly download the below Patch , this will fix the issue

lms40x-win-CSCto46927-0 (windows)

lms40x-sol-CSCto46927-0 (solaris)

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Re: LMS 4.0 initial configuration issues

HI Afroj ,

Thanks i will update the patch and let you know .

I have a issue when creating performance threshold .

When i try to create performance threshold  (monitor > performance .)

I am not getting the instances to add the threshold . Please let me know why the instances are not coming in instance selector .

Whether i need to add the instances manually .

Please find the attached screenshots  where i am not able to see the instances to add the threshold .

Regards

Angus

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content