Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.0 Unresponsive messages after hardware upgrades

Hello,

I'm having an issue with LMS 4.0 unresponsive notifications.

We are upgrading sites on a weekly basis. Old hardware would be 3750 new would be 3750x supporting gig speeds.

After an upgrade LMS is reporting that the switch is unresponsive and is showing the old ports.

I've done a config archive and LMS now is showing the new config in its database with the gig ports, however the alerts are still coming up with unresponsive and showing the old interfaces.

I've also deleted and re-added the devices from inventory without any luck!

What I'm trying to do this morning is to purge the config archives to last 30 days hoping that this will sort the issue.

Can you advise if there is anything that I'm missing in trying to solve this issue please??

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you're replacing hardware,

If you're replacing hardware, it is recommended to delete and re-add device for a fresh inventory collection.

LMS categorizes/manages device using the unique sysObjectID which may differ for both the hardware platforms.

Adding it again, should bring the right inventory details like ports/interfaces/hardware and configuration etc. In case this shows incorrect or doesnt matches, it may be a problem, which can be troubleshooted.

But make sure you delete and wait for old device cache to be removed from DB to avoid any such thing.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello,Many thanks for the

Hello,

Many thanks for the reply. I have deleted the devices, LMS will pick them up using their dns entry, once it does that I will configure them from the inventory > manage device > will also add the credentials and do a config archive collection, anything else you reckon I need to do to make sure the device is up to date?

Many thanks again,

H

Cisco Employee

You can even try to add the

You can even try to add the device manually with minimum info like device name/ip/transport creds and snmp credentials.

Manually adding will take less time for you to see if it is working fine.

In any of the case, share update if the issue gets resolved or not.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,I've deleted a few

Hi Vinod,

I've deleted a few of the problematic devices and manually added them back, the issue I'm noticing when Adding is that under the device type > Switches and Hubs > 3750x, I don't have an option for the model that we're running. Only showing:

LAN BASE
Cisco Catalyst 3560X-48PF-L,S Switch
Cisco Catalyst 3560X-48T-L,S Switch

The switches we are running are:

IPBASE
WS-C3750X-48P-S

Note: Other good working switches are using the standard 3750 (Non X) type and they're working fine..

The other issue is that when I go to inventory > Add/ Import / Manage Device I can see the devices listed. However, when I try to do the credential checking Inventory > Device Credential Verification, I don't see the devices listed in there. Looks like Databases are not syncing?!

Cisco Employee

It may be a question of

It may be a question of supported devices. Can you poll one of your affected device for sysObjectID and share the result.

1. Open them on Device center and under tools > snmpwalk > poll for sysObjectID.

2. Under Server CLI : NMSROOT/object/jt/bin/snmpwalk -v2c -c <snmp_community> <device ip> sysObjectID.

I doubt support of devices as you run a very old LMS version. Though recommended is to move to LMS 4.2.x, but LMS 4.0 should be updated to atleast 4.0.1.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,I can't find Device

Hi Vinod,

I can't find Device Center >Tools>snmpwalk

Under which of the tabs is it listed,

Inventory, configuration, reports, Admin?
Only one I found was under Inventory > Tools > Device Center, and in there I have two options to troubleshooting problem type.

Network Connectivity, and Device Diagnostics.

Also, why would  a device show under Device Administration > Add/Import/Manage Devices, but not show in the list of devices when I want to do a credential verification checking, or sync archive?!

Is there a way to sync these data bases?

Cisco Employee

Sorry, i gave details in

Sorry, i gave details in brief. I meant in device centre you can open device and  check option which appear on right side as drop down for snmpwalk.

However, to keep it simple, i woud request you to share sysObjectID output via CLI, as per point (2) above.

2. Under Server CLI : NMSROOT/object/jt/bin/snmpwalk -v2c -c <snmp_community> <device ip> sysObjectID.

Also, i am interested to know your upgrade plans, which is much essential requirement on this case.

-Thanks

Vinod

Dear Vinod,I am so sorry but

Dear Vinod,

I am so sorry but I cannot find the option under the GUI and in the CLI I know that NMSROOT is the directory where LMS was installed, and I've ran the pdshow command previously meaning that I was able to find the directory, but for some reason I cannot find it now.

:(

With regards to an upgrade, our budgets have been slashed and there are no plans to upgrade unfortunately.

:(

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content