Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 automatic System Psirt and Eox Job not running

Hello to all!

I recently opened another discussion "https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4158302#4158302" and Afroj Ahmad was kind enough to help me manually download the relevant files.

I still have a problem with automatically running this job.

I checked the output logs of the last successful job and the jobs that are failing.

For successful job:

[ Fri Sep 27  21:30:01 EEST 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?, mdf and sof id 280915376 280775123

[ Fri Sep 27  21:30:19 EEST 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?,url now {EOX_SOFTWARE.zip=http://dl.cisco.com/swc/esd/08/280915376/contract/EOX_SOFTWARE.zip}

[ Fri Sep 27  21:30:19 EEST 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?,url now2 http://dl.cisco.com/swc/esd/08/280915376/contract/EOX_SOFTWARE.zip

For any other job (fail) after that:

[ Sun Oct 27  21:30:02 EET 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?, mdf and sof id 280915376 280775123

[ Sun Oct 27  21:30:06 EET 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?,url now {EOX_SOFTWARE.zip=}

[ Sun Oct 27  21:30:06 EET 2013 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.reports.util.EOXSoftwareXMLParser,GetURLFromPSUApi,?,url now2

The url seems to be missing from all failed attempts.

Has anyone faced a similar situation before? How can I troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

13 Replies 13

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please elaborate on when you say "I still have a problem with automatically running this job."

1. Do you mean that even after manual download your EOX job does not run?

2. Manually it works, but you are now interested in running it automatically via CCO.

For 1, please re-check the procedure as stated by link shared by Afroz:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-1/user/guide/admin/admin/collection.html#wp1191219

For 2, please share following details :

• LMS platform - win/sol/lnx
  • LMS error on failure screenshot
  • Enable debug for InvReports from :

Admin > System > Debug Settings > Config and Image Management Debugging settings

• Once again, run job and share following logs after its completion :

>> InvReports.log (Win - NMSROOT/log & Sol/Lnx - /var/adm/CSCOpx/log)

>> JOB ID.log (.log file) (Win - NMSROOT/files/rme/jobs/inventory/reports/jobs/ & Sol/Lnx - /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/inventory/reports/jobs/)

• Please confirm if you can connect to CCO from LMS properly/manually?
  • Please confirm if you can download device packages using LMS GUI from :

Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update

Please check all these information and share.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello Vinod

I mean that the job runs manually, but I am interested  in running it automatically via CCO. This used to work until September  2013 (I was away on maternity leave after that, just returned and trying  to figure out what happened).

So:

• LMS platform --> Windows Server 2008R2
  • The error/failure message states the following:

Job Summary

Description:          System Psirt and Eox Job

Start Time:           Feb 18 2014 14:30:00

Job failure reason: Unable to connect to Cisco.com or error in updating DB. Please try again later.

RunStat:               Failed

End time:              Feb 18 2014 14:30:09

Log File:               shows correct folder

Owner    :               admin

(I wasn't able to upload a screenshot)

• Please guide me as to for which application I should enable debug.

Admin > System > Debug Settings > Config and  Image Management Debugging settings > Set Application Logging Levels  (Application ????)

It seems that I can connecto to CCO from LMS. Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update (source location Cisco.com). I  chose CiscoView and I got a screen of all available device packages, so  I suppose that the connection is correct and functioning. I can  download the device package to the specified folder.

If I choose "Install device package" I get an error message in the Software Center Event Log:

Cat2960

Installation failed for product [CiscoView] with message:

com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.InstallerException:  Repository in use. Another Package Support Updater client session may be  modifying device support.

I will share the log files when I enable the debug.

how can I upload a file????

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

Katerina,

Thanks for all the details and many congratulations for your baby.

I wanted to know if LMS connects to CCO at all or not, which it does as per your description.

Sometime back there were some changes on Cisco.com where all the url's were updated. So if Software update is working, EOX should work as well.

As per my last post, we need to enable debug for InvReports and try to re-run the job from cco. Please share the logs once done.

As per PSU error, this error usually means what it says, the repository is in use by another PSU job running.  The first thing to check is if there are any PSU lock files.  Check for NMSROOT/Psu.Lock or NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/psu-installer.lock.

If there delete it and try tor re-run PSU.

-Thanks
Vinod

Hi again Vinod,

attached you will find the InvReports.log (I only included the information relevant to the last failed job) and the Jobid.log.

Cannot find any PSU lock files. The PSU still keeps failing

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Katerina

Can you please check what is EOX report option set to, under:

Admin > Network > Compliance Policy/PSIRT/EOS/EOL Settings > PSIRT/EOX reports option

Please check it should be on cisco.com.

Also, Please check this, if not already configured :

Add the below lines in the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/Cisco/nm/xms/psu/conf/psu.properties file

Windows :

mapPropertyFile=NMSROOT\\lib\\classpath\\com\\cisco\\nm\\xms\\psu\\conf\\mdfMapping.properties applicationID=LMS

Solaris :

mapPropertyFile=/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/conf/mdfMapping.properties applicationID=LMS

-Thanks

Vinod

Under Admin > Network > PSIRT/EOS and EOL Settings > PSIRT / EOX Reports option the chosen radio button is cisco.com

The psu.properties file shows the correct value for the mapPropertyFile as stated below:

mapPropertyFile= E:\\CSCOpx\\lib\\classpath\\com\\cisco\\nm\\xms\\psu\\conf\\mdfMapping.properties

applicationID=LMS

I have also stopped and restarted services serveral times, but that did not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Katerina

Please try to remove the ccoVdsConf file located under D:\progra~1\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\conf\VDS directory and try to run the EOX job once again.

Re-share the debug InvReports.log file once completed, if still failing.

PS : Don't delete. Please remove from directory and put it back if the job still fails.

-Thanks
Vinod

I am currently facing another problem. Seems that at this moment my LMS server cannot access the internet!!!!

I will resolve this issue first, retry running the original jobs and I will update the post accordingly!

Yes, please check that. It is most important detail. Make sure you can reach cisco.com from server and loging properly. FW has allowed traffic on both http/https towards cisco.com from LMS server.

-Thanks

Vinod

Sorry for that, but there was a temp problem with our proxy!!!!

LMS server internet connectivity is ok!

I removed the ccoVdsConf file, re-run the job, but it still fails. A new ccoVdsConf file was created (do I delete this before putting back the old file?).

Attached you will find the InvReport debug. I only include the relevant info of the debug. Do you think you need the whole InvReport file???

Thanks again!

Katerina

Mostly the errors are very close to your proxy server's. Somehow, everything else just seems fine and it should work.

If possible :

> try to make cisco.com available w/o proxies and see it works.

> try to remove the authentication from proxy

To check if it is proxy, try some free proxy software on your PC and direct LMS to your PC on when accessible and open for all traffic and see it works.

Let me know how it goes.

-Thanks
Vinod

The problem with the proxy was just temp and a coincidence!!!!

I noticed the following:

I logged into the Cisco site using the username and password  associated with my LMS server (same credentials used for Device Update  etc.), browsed to Download Software and chose "Show products on my contracts". It stated:

"You have no service contracts associated with your Cisco.com account"

What???? Since when????

I suppose that this is the problem...?????

It still buffeles me why that doesn't come up when I access the "Available device packages" or something similar through LMS...

To  be frank, when I manually downloaded the software as proposed by Afroz,  I used my personal credentials, so that is why I didn't come across the  problem before.

I will contact our partner to see what has happened.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Katerina

Yes this is a problem. You need to have the active and valid contracts associated for EOX. For software download, its just you should have download priviledges.

I did not meant proxy strictly, but rest everything looked fine so wanted to check that once, if authenticated proxy causing issue.

Please check a CCO ID with valid contracts and let us know the updates.

-Thanks
Vinod