Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

LMS 4.1 Etherchannel member history

Hi,

We have 2 6509 swithes in VSS mode. There are several portchannels configured between the VSS cores and some Data Center switcehs. Last week we had a power failure so the 6509's were shut down and then powered on when power was restored.

After Powering the 6509's I noticed that one Gigabit Fiber (SFP) uplink that is a member of an etherchannel group was down on one of the 6509. The other members of the same channel (connecting to a data center switch) were oprational as before. Is there a way in LMS 4.1 to see when the last time this inactive member port was up. I want to know if it was up prior to the power failure or not. I tried seeing Reports --> Utilization History (30 days) for the 6509 with the failed interface but the it was not included in the report, although other interfaces in the same module were present.

Is there any other way?

All Help is appreciated

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: LMS 4.1 Etherchannel member history

One standalone Cat6Ks, the output of "show etherchannel port-channel" should have something along the lines of "Time since last port un-bundled:    00d:10h:20m:58s    TenGigabitEthernet1/5/4". That may work on cat6k VSS too.

With LMS, assuming it's collecting the sufficient level of syslogs from the VSS in question, one can run reports against the Syslog Collector for entries along the lines of "Dec 31 22:35:58.492: %EC-SW1_SP-5-UNBUNDLE: Interface TenGigabitEthernet1/5/4 left the  port-channel Port-channel1".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content