Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.1 issue with Fault Discovery

Dear all,

We are implementing LMS 4.1 in place of LMS 3.2.

I'm experiencing an issue with Fault Inventory, DFM is not functionning even if other services are OK. See below

When I check device info in DFM, I have:

It is strange because SNMP is running for inventory and others.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES

See if you can ping the devices. DFM doesn really try if ping fails.

Cheers,

Michel

Dear Michel,

I double checked, SNMP Read comm. and SNMP write comm. are OK, devices are pingable and always the same status:

Best Regards,

Re: LMS 4.1 issue with Fault Discovery

I did complementary test on a device: DNS is OK, SNMP is OK, DFM is able to resolve the name but always the same error message

Did you already increase timeout & retry under: Admin -> Collection Settings -> Fault -> Fault Management SNMP Timeouts and Retries ?

You may also wish to try to remove and then re-add one device in the DCR to see if it gets discovered correctly in DFM then.

Cheers,

Michel

Michel,

I found the solution. even if the ping was working, I just opened Firewall rules on Win 2008 server in order to allow ICMP requests/reply.

Thanks,

Yves-Alain

Firewall... there is always something you don't think of.....

That says a lot about the PING test in the device center. Not using ICMP then.

I always use a batch file on "problem" devices to test ICMP, SNMP (getting the device name to try ) Name resolution (using LMS resolver.pl) and nmap to test TELNET & SSH.

I will clean up these batchfiles and post then in the document section of the forum.

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content