Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 sync archive 'partially successful' on some devices

lassebjoern
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble syncing the config archive for some of my nodes.

I get the error 'partially successful' (see attatched PNG).

I've looked in the dcmaservice.log (also attatched), and I can see the extended error message:

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getLatestConfigFileVersion,168,CM0021: Version does not exist in archive $1 Cause: Version may have been deleted

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],INFO ,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getSysObjectID,425,SYS OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.987

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,addNewConfigFileVersion,1009,CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,archiveNewVersionIfNeeded,1274,CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

I would like to check the file structure / permissions, but since I don't know what '$1' refers to, I'm stuck.

Anyone got at cluse on where to look, or other things to look for?

Thanks a lot!

--

Lasse

2 Replies 2

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lasse,

in GUI, go to Admin -> Collection Settings -> Config - under Config settings you will see the path where configuration is stored. By default it is $NMSROOT\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\devfiles.

You should double check that all folders have casuser:casusers permission.

Hope it hepls.

As a workaround you could delete and re-add problematic devices to LMS. Please be aware that you will lost all historical information about the device in this case.

Svetlana

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for your reply.

I should add that this problem came after importing a LMS-backup to my installation.

Here's what I tried after reading your post:

1. Changed $NMSROOT\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\* ownership to casuser (was administrator), and checked that group casusers had admin access (it already had). No change in behaviour.

2. Removed one of the faulty devices, and re-added it. Still the same error.

it feels like there's some old stuff lingering from the backup that's conflicting with some newer stuff, archive-wise...

Some devices can sync to their archive, and and some can't.

Any other clues I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

--

Lasse

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: