Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.1 sync archive 'partially successful' on some devices

Hi,

I'm having trouble syncing the config archive for some of my nodes.

I get the error 'partially successful' (see attatched PNG).

I've looked in the dcmaservice.log (also attatched), and I can see the extended error message:

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getLatestConfigFileVersion,168,CM0021: Version does not exist in archive $1 Cause: Version may have been deleted

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],INFO ,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,getSysObjectID,425,SYS OID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.987

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,addNewConfigFileVersion,1009,CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

[ Wed Jan 11  09:49:30 CET 2012 ],ERROR,[Thread-2137],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DeviceArchiveManager,archiveNewVersionIfNeeded,1274,CM0002: Could not archive config Cause: Device may not be reachable, may be in suspended state or credentials may be incorrect. Action: Verify that device is managed, credentials are correct and file system has correct permissions. Increase timeout value, if required.CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

I would like to check the file structure / permissions, but since I don't know what '$1' refers to, I'm stuck.

Anyone got at cluse on where to look, or other things to look for?

Thanks a lot!

--

Lasse

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Lasse,

in GUI, go to Admin -> Collection Settings -> Config - under Config settings you will see the path where configuration is stored. By default it is $NMSROOT\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\devfiles.

You should double check that all folders have casuser:casusers permission.

Hope it hepls.

As a workaround you could delete and re-add problematic devices to LMS. Please be aware that you will lost all historical information about the device in this case.

Svetlana

Hi Svetlana,

Thanks for your reply.

I should add that this problem came after importing a LMS-backup to my installation.

Here's what I tried after reading your post:

1. Changed $NMSROOT\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\* ownership to casuser (was administrator), and checked that group casusers had admin access (it already had). No change in behaviour.

2. Removed one of the faulty devices, and re-added it. Still the same error.

it feels like there's some old stuff lingering from the backup that's conflicting with some newer stuff, archive-wise...

Some devices can sync to their archive, and and some can't.

Any other clues I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

--

Lasse

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content