Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Lms 4.1 to 4.0 downgrade

Dears

I have installed LMS 4.1 but due to license issue i want to downgrade to 4.0 , is there any way to do that ? .

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Lms 4.1 to 4.0 downgrade

No, there is no option to downgrade LMS; You have to reinistall LMS 4.0 and configure it from scratch or you restore from a known good backup of LMS 4.0;

But I would suggest to at least ask your Cisco partner or Cisco account manager how much the license upgrade will cost in your case..

(keep in mind the redoing all the work is also not for free and you will be on the latest version...)

Lms 4.1 to 4.0 downgrade

so you say i can restore a backup taken from 4.1 and restore it into 4.0 ? does it work ?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Lms 4.1 to 4.0 downgrade

I don't believe you can restore a 4.1 backup onto a 4.0 installation. At best it would be an unsupported procedure; at worst it would totally mess up the 4.0 installation in obscure ways.

I agree with Martin that it would be much better to resolve the licensing issue so that the customer can run the current version. If that is not possible and there is no 4.0 backup, then you will have to reconfigure from the fresh install.

Lms 4.1 to 4.0 downgrade

no, I said to restore from a known good backup of LMS 4.0 not LMS 4.1.

You can not make a backup in LMS 4.1 and restore it in LMS 4.0.

But (hopefully) you should have taken a backup from LM 4.0 before upgrading to LMS 4.1 or you have taken regulary backups when LMS 4.0 was running in your network. Take one of these (old) backups to restore the system or you have to redo all the work.

But I still suggest to update the license - LMS 4.2 is on its way - so this would be the best (in the past it has never been a good decission to keep the .0 release running, i.e. LMS 2.0, LMS 3.0).

Views
Helpful
Replies