I have seen some discussion in the forums regarding user defined groups being empty in LMS 4.0 but not 4.1. I am having this issue in 4.1.
Under User Defined groups, I have created 2 logical groups named "Physical Location" and "Switches". These do not contain any actual devices, they are just containers for other groups. Under the Physical Location logical group I have created 2 other groups, Acuna and Hampton. Under the Switches group I have also created 2 groups, HDM and HHC. The criterion for the Physical Location group is based on the first 3 characters of the hostname:
Device.System.Name startswith "hdm"
The criterion for the Switches group is based on the value of a user defined field, Admin_responsibility:
Device.Admin_responsibility equals "HDM"
The Physical Location groups work - the Switches group does not. Both the HDM and the HHC group should contain several devices. The HDM group contains 2, the HHC contains none. If I edit the groups and click "next" until I get to step 3, Membership: Edit, the "objects matching criteria" list is fully populated - it contains the devices that it should contain. However, after I click "Finish" and go to Inventory => Add / Import / Manage Devices there is no change in group membership - the HDM group contains 2 devices and the HHC group contains none.
I don't know about that. I am coming from an LMS 2.6 system and this is exactly how I have it defined there. It is interesting that one of the groups actually shows 2 of the devices, and those are a different model switch than the rest. Perhaps a device package update would help? At this point I can't get those to work either.
The "Physical Location" groups magically started working. I had tried to apply a bunch of device update packages a couple of days ago. I thought they all failed but maybe some of them actually applied. I have no idea but the 2 groups with a rule like this one are now populating:
Device.Hostname startswith "XYZ"
However, the groups with the rule below are still failing to populate in the device selector even though if I edit the group the "Objects matching criteria" list contains the correct members:
Device.Admin_responsibility equals "XYZ"
Admin_responsibility is user defined field 1 (Admin => Device Credential Settings => User Defined Fields).
If you mean "dynamic" in that they are supposed to automatically update then yes these are dynamic public groups. I had them defined this way for years in LMS 2.6, though the "dynamic" part never worked. I always had to go into group admin and manually refresh to get the groups to update. I have tried that several times in 4.1 with no luck.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...