Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.1 restore question.

Dears,

I  need your help in verifing the restore command for LMS 4.2.1 in windows server:                  

the command: C:\Program files (86)\CSCOpx\bin} perl.exe backup.pl -d C:\bkp

where the bkp is the backup folder?

Kindly confirm if this is correct as i need to resotre the Folder which located in the C: .

Regards,

Muhannad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Muhannad

What error you are getting while restore back command?

If LMS is installed in c:\Program Files (x86) use below command

C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp

If LMS is installed in c:\Program Files use below command

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp

If you have backup folder named 0,1,2 then give full path for backup directory as

C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp\0

Thanks

Mahavir

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Dears,

this is the command for the LMS restore process that doesnt work

C:\Program files (86)\CSCOpx\bin] perl.exe  restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp

Regards,

Muhannad

Hi Muhannad

What error you are getting while restore back command?

If LMS is installed in c:\Program Files (x86) use below command

C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp

If LMS is installed in c:\Program Files use below command

C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp

If you have backup folder named 0,1,2 then give full path for backup directory as

C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin>perl.exe C:\Progra~2\CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d C:\bkp\0

Thanks

Mahavir

Hi Mahavir,

Many thanks for the response, the Restore procedure worked fine using the commands but i have faced a new issue after the restore, the issue as below:

The new LMS server is still not installed in the network and we are planning to use it as a cold backup server in case we face any failure in the primary server, before the restore, i used to login to the new server using the IE with URL: http://localhost:1741 but after restoring the database, i am unable to login with the same URL and because the server is not connected to the NW, i am unable to login now at all.

I am wondering what is wrong and shall i connect it to the Network to be able to login via the WEB using its hostname or IP.

P.S: the new server has identical Hostname and IP of the active LMS server to keep the sync of the database easier when i move the database.

Regards,

Muhannad

Hi Muhannad

After restoring backup, you need to login in web UI with username/password of your main LMS server (of which backup you have restored). You should be able to login mail LMS server credentials.

If still you face problem, then

- stop daemon manager by cammand 'net stop crmdmgtd'

- reset web UI with NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin>resetpasswd.exe username

- start daemon manager with 'net start crmdmgtd'

Thanks

Mahavir

Do rate post if you found it useful

Hi Mahavir,

The issue here that i dont get the web UI of the LMS after the restore but as i have mentioned in my post, i am trying to access it using https://localhost:1741, so basically i am not geting the username and password prompts.

i tried to reset the SSL certifcates but still didnt work, so i am wondering if i will not be able to reach it via localhost after the restore and it should be connected to the network or there is a way to access it using the localhost?

Regads,

Muhannad

Hi Muhannad

Try not using 1741 port as it is not required when you are using https. So try https://localhost only.

Thanks

Mahavir

Hi Mahavir,

This has been used with no success, i am thinking to repeat the backup and the restore process. .

DO you have any other thoughts mate?

Regards,

Muhannad

Hi Muhannad

have you tried restarting LMS? If not then restart it with below commands:

net stop crmdmgtd          -- wait for around 15 mins

net start crmdmgtd          -- wait for around 15 mins

then try to login. if still not successful then provide me output of 'pdshow -brief | sort' from cmd prompt

May be apache server itself is not running.

Thanks

Mahavir

Hi Mahavir,

Yes the LMS has been restarted with no luck, i will be providing the "pdshow -brief | sort" output next week, because the client has left the site and we have a holiday here tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind support,

Muhannad

Hi Mahavir,

Kindly find the pdshow output, it seems everything is runing fine.

The Web access stuck before giving you the login page.

Regards,

Muhannad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: