Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

LMS 4.2.1 - unidentified traps in fault monitor

MY LMS, under fault monitor, shows many messages (actually hundreds), "Unidentified Trap Generic Trap:6 Specific Target:1 EnterpriseOid:.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.2"

This OID leads me down the CISCO-SYSLOG-MIB.my, to ciscoSyslogMIBNotification.

vestigaiton looks like this MIB actually doesn't do anything (other than generate a fault message on LMS).

Anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this fault in LMS, such as adding the CISCO-SYSLOG-MIB.my to my LMS so that it can at least identify the OID being sent.

Along these lines, I have downloaded the above referenced MIB, and have tried in LMS to upload it, but the "upload MIB" functionality ONLY allows the loading of MIBS which already exist on LMS (only choose a server side path).

Any ideas would be aprpeciated.

Joe

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.2.1 - unidentified traps in fault monitor

Hi Joe,

check the below link for more results on Unidentified traps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/3.1
/user/guide/TrapFwd.html#wpxref57860

It looks like  "snmp-server enable traps syslog"  is enabled on your devices, and this will appears as Unidentified trap , you can stop this by change the configuration on the Device , or disable the "InformAlarm" from the notification Group under :     Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Fault Notification Group      From the following Link you can check the traps that will generate "INFORM ALARM" event :

I hope this will help

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content