cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 - Creating daily report for checking mac-adress list (IP hone) existing on the network

brahim.zahoui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we would like to  create a daily report for checking  (by user-tracking function) mac-address list on the network.

I try to use “report designer” on “report” dashboard without any success. Could you help us to provide or create a method for applying a report job every day for checking our mac-address list

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can't put your end host list there.. that is not an option.

you need to select the devices or device type group

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

how about "All Host Entries" report ?

Reports > Inventory > User Tracking > All Host Entries

can you check and see if it help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank Afroz but how i can run the job for a specific list of mac-address  ( 26 mac-adress) that i would like to check if its exist on the network. I dont want to do it for all host entries.

Thanks

you can do the following

1. -create a quick report  {Reports > Inventory > User Tracking > Quick Report}

2.export the last report which I suggested and filter the MAC address you are interested in

3. you can create a Custom report  {Reports > Report Designer > User Tracking > Custom Reports } as per your need.

Thanks-

Afroz

*** Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz.

Its not exactly that i need to do. If i look process. I have to do a "quick report" for each mac-adress.... correct ?

All my mac-address are in a bloc note file.

If i check last suggestion :

1. -create a quick report  {Reports > Inventory > User Tracking > Quick Report}

Do i have to do it Mac adress by Mac address ?

2.export the last report which I suggested and filter the MAC address you are interested in

I dont want to have a report for all host ...

3. you can create a Custom report  {Reports > Report Designer > User Tracking [4] > Custom Reports } as per your need.

i try  but it doen't work ... could you give more detail about steo by step ..creation ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

HI ,

please see the attached screen shot and hope it will help in creating the custom report

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks. Afroz.

But i have one step "groupe selection" before ... and how i can put my end host list inside...note that i have list of mac address whose end host

you can't put your end host list there.. that is not an option.

you need to select the devices or device type group

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks Afroz for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco