Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.2.4 (soft appliance) DCR Server not starts after restart VM

Good day!

After restarting the VM will not start service DCRServer.

When I try to go to "Inventory> Device Administration> Manage Device State" page I find error:

Error

Error in communicating with DCR Server. For more details click here.

DCR Server may be down. Please start the DCR Server and then refresh the page.

Restart of the system didnt help.

What could be wrong?

• Network Management
Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.2.4 (soft appliance) DCR Server not starts after restart V

Hi Andrey ,

Chekc the below things:

Make sure files 

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/ctm_config.txt and

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm_config.txt has proper content.

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/lib/ctm_config.txt has proper content.

File should not be empty. Check any working server (If any available or just send me these files)  for the content, copy and replace

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrey ,

Chekc the below things:

Make sure files 

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/ctm_config.txt and

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm_config.txt has proper content.

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/lib/ctm_config.txt has proper content.

File should not be empty. Check any working server (If any available or just send me these files)  for the content, copy and replace

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Re: LMS 4.2.4 (soft appliance) DCR Server not starts after resta

Hi Afroz!

Thanks for the quick reply!

1) I checked files - and indeed, the third link of the file was empty.

I restored contents of the same test server (as an attachment - original files) - now everything is working fine. Many thanks for your advice!

Because of what could this happen?

Current settings are as follows (i did not change them):
[lms42/root-ade etc]# ls -la /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/ctm_config.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 casuser casusers 1037 Jul 22 13:54 /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/ctm_config.txt

[lms42/root-ade etc]# ls -la /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm_config.txt

-rw-r--r-- 1 casuser casusers 1084 Jul 22 13:54 /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/lib/ctm_config.txt

[lms42/root-ade etc]# ls -la /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/lib/ctm_config.txt

-rwxr-xr-x 1 casuser casusers 1104 Aug 20 12:07 /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/lib/ctm_config.txt

2) It was also noted that if address on the link "Inventory>Device Administration>Discovery>Schedule", then an error message appears:

Error

Error in getting the Discovery configuration information, please configure Standard / Custom Discovery and start the schedule.

- no any records for Discovery Schedule and not accessible button Add (for add new Discovery Jobs).

This is related errors?

Cisco Employee

try to reboot the server and check the issue again ..

Thanks

Afroz

Re: LMS 4.2.4 (soft appliance) DCR Server not starts after resta

I completely reset the virtual machine. Result is same:

Error in getting the Discovery configuration information, please configure Standard/Custom Discovery and start the schedule.

Any idea how to check this?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Afroz,I came across this same

Afroz,

I came across this same issue on one of the LMS I am supporting. It's in an environment where frequent power outages have been occuring and somehow one of the instances of ctm_config.txt got corrupted. I had already tried stopping and starting daemon manager and even reloading the VM several times. The suggestion you gave here fixed the issue and the server is once again running properly with all processes started as needed.

Thanks!

Cisco Employee

I am glad that my suggestion

I am glad that my suggestion helped you.It is my pleasure.

I have learned a lot from your post and suggestion on the Forum. I remember I have worked with you once when I was in TAC  :)

Thank you so much for all the great work you are doing !!!

Regards-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies