Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.4 User Tracking Acquisitions Info almost empty

Hi ,

I reinstalled lms because I had problems on the server, they are now more than a month that the new use but I have trouble seeing the hosts connected to a switch or rather I see only a few. The settings are identical to the old man all by default, but with the old man had acquired many hosts. I suggested a way to make a little troubleshooting. I attach screensshot.

Thanks Emiliano

New LMS.png

the old had over 5000 acquisitions

9 Replies 9

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If nothing has started yet, try with re-initializing the DB, we can start next steps of troubleshooting after that.

Check this document for re-init procedure :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

thanks for reply

Why should re-initializing

the db is again the rest is working properly again.

Emiliano

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

go to Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Acquisition Action

check if you are able to see all the devices in the list. it might possible for few\ more devices data collection would not have ran

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

thanks for reply

I checked and I see all devices

Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Acquisition Action select

Emiliano

Hi Emiliano,

If you have data collection completed on all the devices ,still missing the host then  you can Re-INIT the ani.

Note: ANI database does not contain any historical data ,so reintilalizing it will not be a problem.

steps are :

1.stop the daemon manager

windows:
NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

solaris\linux:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

3. start the daemon manager

wait for 10-15 min then start a new DATACOLLECTIOn followed by user tracking Acquistion.

Hope it will take care of the issue

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

I did what you told me this is the screenshot

but now the ratio is 1-894 why?

LMS dopo.png

if I do a search of a PC in the network can not find it ....

The setting these so I left the default

ultim.png

When a fresh installed LMS is working properly for all the modules, like Inventory, config, fault, performance etx, it could be something on this module which is responsible for Data collection.

It doesn't have much data which can be lossed, it can be easily taken as the first step to verify and rule out any possibilites of DB not working properly.

Also, you can share :

NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\portsData.xml

NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\RouterData.xml

NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\vlanData.xml

These files have essential entries to be used by User tracking.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Encourage contributors, RATE them. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks ,

I checked the xml and everything is correct, I tried to do the reset of the db. As you can see in the screenshot the ratio is 1-894, today went to 14-1045?

As if it was too slow?

Emiliano

I think I've identified the problem switches to which they are connected hosts are on a switch found Inventory> Device Administration> Add / Import / Manage Devices. But it is his default gw,  is interface vlan of a nexus 7000, I read that lms for discoverer the host must have its default gw in Inventory> Device Administration> Add / Import / Manage Devices .LMS supports only Cisco default gateways . Solutions?

Thanks

Emiliano