Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.2.5 appliance: Auto Allocation Settings not working

I'm in a new install of LMS 4.2, upgraded and patched to 4.2.5 

Devices are in the DCR but no devices show up anywhere else.

I went to the Device Administration>Device Allocation Policy and it pops up with an error:

Problem in Policy configuration. Please check the /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/UDM.log log for more details.

I close the popup and try to click enable Auto Mode/Manage All devices and Apply.

This pops up with the same UDM.log error so here are the last few lines.

[ Wed Oct 22 23:21:52 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : No policy is configured
[ Wed Oct 22 23:21:52 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : Screen ID redeirected is udm.policy.management
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : Inside 'Apply' action
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : automanage value is true
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : allocateType is AllDevices
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 getGroupName]  : Going to append the Group ID and Host name.
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : Length of Group Name : 0
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] INFO   [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 perform]  : allocateType is all? AllDevices
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] ERROR  [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 evaluateCurrentPolicy]  : Exception while applying the selected policy : CSTM Error Code [-3] CSTM Comm Type [0] - CTMServlet::service() : URN not found "UDMExternal"
[ Wed Oct 22 23:26:13 UTC 2014 ] ERROR  [UDMPolicyMgmtAction : TP-Processor5 evaluateCurrentPolicy]  : Exception while applying the selected policy : Exception Stack Trace :
com.cisco.nm.dcr.udm.exception.UDMException: CSTM Error Code [-3] CSTM Comm Type [0] - CTMServlet::service() : URN not found "UDMExternal"
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.DCRProxy.setPolicyConfiguration(DCRProxy.java:2978)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.udm.uii.action.UDMPolicyMgmtAction.evaluateCurrentPolicy(UDMPolicyMgmtAction.java:585)
        at com.cisco.nm.dcr.udm.uii.action.UDMPolicyMgmtAction.perform(UDMPolicyMgmtAction.java:235)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
        at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:311)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:776)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:705)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:898)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi , Reboot the server once

Hi ,

Reboot the server once and check the issue, looks like service not started properly.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

multiple reboots etc. still

multiple reboots etc. still the same problem

Cisco Employee

Hi John , If this is a

Hi John ,

If this is a windows server then Stop the LMS service

Open the "services.msc " windows .

Change the startup type of "Cisco works Daemon Manager " to MANUAL from Automatic

Now Reboot the server.

Once server is up

Changed the startup type back to "AUTOMATIC"  and start the LMS services

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

HelloI have a good news for

Hello

I have a good news for you John Paul !!!

Look at this post  https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11516906/all-devices-ist-empty-lms-42 and read MARK BAKER comments

He refers to this BUG

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue59646

I applied the procedure and now everything is OK
This will take a few minutes

Go at the shell

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

rm /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata_NonCisco.xml

cd /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/

rename devicedata.xmlmdfdata_NonCisco.xml mdfdata_NonCisco.xml

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Wait few minutes

Then go to LMS webadmin : "Inventory > Device allocation Policy "

Select "Enable Auto mode" and "click apply" and it will work again !!!!

Check devices status at "Inventory > Device Administration > Manage Device State"

After I restart a new discovery but it is not necessary

For moment, all seem to be OK

Give me your feedback !!!

Bye

Hi I have the same issue, did

Hi 

I have the same issue, did you solved it please ?

Many thanks 

Gilles

Views
Helpful
Replies