cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Alerts and Events

mbonet1976
Level 1
Level 1

I tend to get alarms/events that I really would rather not see.  For instance, I have a voice router that consantly shows BACKUPACTIVATED, which is the intended use of the ports.  Also I have another alert/event for CARDS whose Status is NOT PRESENT.  I'm not really concerned about these, but I'm sick of clearing them manually all the time.  Is there a way to prune or weed these out so I no longer have to see them in the fault/event managers?

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

check if   BACKUPACTIVATED  and NOT PRESENT is selected  under EVENTSET :

Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Event Sets

If yes uncheck them

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

They aren't checked...actually nothing was under Event Sets.  So this has got to be something else.  Thanks for trying though

If you have nothing selected by default , you will be notifed for every event.

creat a Event set  with the Events you are interested in and use that event set ( lets say A)  in the Notification Group and this should work.

Read the below document for more understanding of the Alarm and event :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/useNotif.html#wp1104553

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: