Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 and WLC 5508

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Recently I have replaced 2 4400 WLC by 5508 wlc's.

I have also replaced both 4400 in LMS by those new 5508. They have the same ip's, so I have removed the old 4400's from LMS and created 2 new devices.

When checking the device center, LMS tells me Data collection, User tracking, Inventory and Fault discovery has succeeded.

When I check the Reachability status in device center it is ok for ping, telnet, SSH, SNMPV2 read, SNMPV2 write. However I am not able to open the configuration through Config editor. He gives me the pop-up "CEDT0042: No latest configuration file exists for the device in Archive."

When I go and check the archive summary report, I can see for both devices the log below:

NMP: Failed to establish SNMP connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: Device is Unreachable. Check the ReadOnly community string. SNMP: Failed to establish SNMP connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: Device is Unreachable. Check the ReadOnly community string.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Joris

1 Reply 1

Joris Deprouw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I think I have found the problem. WLC 5508 is not compatible with LMS 4.2.2.

I can find this in the release notes:

Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Components

The following components are part of the Cisco UWN Solution and are compatible in this release:

Note For more information on the compatibility of wireless software components across releases, see the Cisco Wireless Solutions Software Compatibility Matrix.

Cisco IOS Release 15.2(2)JB

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3

Mobility Services Engine (MSE) 7.4.100.0 software release and context-aware software

Apparently only Prime 1.3 can manage this device.

Joris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: