Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Backup Failing Randomly

dpatzold1979
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this?

Backup failed on 2012/06/03 at 22:02:52. REASON: Unable to proceed with the backup operation as some files are being accessed by jobs. Reschedule the jobs such that the backup job does not coincide with other jobs.

Randomly the backup for lms 4.2 is failing. it has suceeded but majority of the time its failing. i have tried changing times but nothing seems to work.  previously we were running 4.0.1 and had noproblems with the backup time.

Just found the bug

CSCtz29665

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2.1/readme/lms_421_readme.html#wp1203775

no work around at the moment

14 Replies 14

lassebjoern
Level 1
Level 1

I see exactly the same issue in 4.2.1

I think we have to wait for Cisco to fix the bug - Hopefully, the solution will be an automatic solving of conflicts, making the manual planning of jobs redundant...

dpatzold1979
Level 1
Level 1

I was advised that 4.2.2 should resolve this when it comes out.

lassebjoern
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday i tried upgrading to 4.2.2, but my backup still failed this morning with the "some files are being accessed by jobs".

I will try to disable/enable the backup job to see if that will make a difference..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The Bug # CSCtz29665 is still in open state with LMS 4.2.2 and is not fixed yet, check Release notes for more details. You can try to configure your Server to stop daemon manager before taking backup and start it after backup is done, which would fix the job conflict and backup should succeed!

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi vinod,

I am also facing this same problem with lms 4.2.2

Is cisco currently planning to release the fix for this issue ?

what are the files to be copied manually like NMSROOT\databases etc., in case i wish to maintain accurate data ?

Hi Rajesh, patch is released on 25-OCT-2012

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284259296&flowid=31102&softwareid=280775103&os=Linux&release=CSCtz29665_4.2.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the quick update.

Unfortunately the fix is for linux machine. My server is windows....

regards

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

I downloaded one for Windows (lms4.2.2-win-CSCtz29665-0.zip) last week. I cannot see it now. Maybe someone from Cisco can confirm why is it removed from website?

Hi Dejan,

Is it possible to send the file to my email id plz....or can u upload in any of the ftp plz..

Hi Dejan,

Could you please tell me how to install this patch file ?? procedure...

regards

Rajesh

you have readme file in installation zip (file lms-CSCtz29665.readme)

im going to install this now., i wonder whether there wont be any dataloss as cisco is yet not mentioned about this fix ?

Hi Dejan,

I am able to do immediate backup now.... Thanks a lot & a ton..i will have to schedule it for tomorrow and check.. initially when we tried, the back was failed 2-3 times after the patch upgrade. But after a couple of minutes again we checked and found to be working fine...

the procedure would be, for example if the patch is in e:\ drive and lms is installed in c:\program files, then...

go to command prompt,

c:\program files\CSCOpx\bin\perl e:\lms4.2.2-win-CSCtz29665-0\CSCtz29665-0\CSCtz29665-0.pl

The services will be stopped, patch will be updated and services will be started automatically.

regards

Rajesh

the patch for BugID CSCtz29665 is released here on CCO:

"http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284259296&flowid=31102&softwareid=280775103&os=Windows%20CE%202.11&release=CSCtz29665_4.2.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest"

I do not know whey they opend a new section for Windows CE 2.11, - but on CCO you have to follow this path to find it:

Downloads Home > Products > Network Management and Automation > Routing and Switching Management > Network Management Solutions > Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution > Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution 4.2 > LMS Patches > Windows CE 2.11-CSCtz29665_4.2.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: