Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4.2 configuration archive fails

I have a not-so newly installed LMS4.2 Linux appliance. Here is my configuration archive summary:

Config Archival Status

No. of Devices

Successful 7
Failed 1338
Partially Successful0

Total1345
Configuration Never Collected 1338

So I look up a device in the Device Center, here is its Reachability Status:

Ping
Success
HTTP
Failed
SNMPv1 Read
Success
SNMPv2c Read
Success
SNMPv1 Write
Failed
SNMPv2c Write
Failed
SSHv1
Failed
SSHv2
Success
Telnet
Failed

Which is no different from that of a device that failed. An example of the description of those failures would read like this:

SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 111.222.33.44 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 111.222.33.44 - Cause:  Connection refused.   PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP.

Which seems to mean that SSH does not work, which is false as I manually connects to the device from the LMS host successfully. Network devices access is authenticated against ACS servers using TACACS+ so there should be no problem with credential discrepency here.

Any suggestions for how I could further troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance!

--

Wei

[EDIT] -- The devices that LMS did succeed in archiving their configs are all ACE modules -- not sure if that makes a difference.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Re: LMS 4.2 configuration archive fails

It turns out that the failed "SNMPv2c Write" was the cause of the problem. Somehow, the SNMP R/W string that I believe that I have configured in my default credential set was not applied to the discovered devices.

Re-enter the SNMP write string into all devices in the DCR fixed it.

I didn't suspect the SNMP write failure because when I did a credentials checking succeeded on the failed devices, which turned out not to be real "successes". LMS simply did nothing when there is no credential configured and declairedit the check a success.

yes that is perfect solution.

yes that is perfect solution...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content