Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

LMS 4.2 - Err-disable port state

Hello,

I'm trying to figure it out how exactly LMS learns about ports in err-disable state? Which MIB or command is used?

I have two ME3400 switches with err-disabled ports but LMS shows only the ports of one of the them. Both switches are ME-3400-24TS-A

and have the same IOS version (12.2(53)SE). I'm sure data collection is running fine because it updates the other discrepancies.

What i have tried by now:

- did an SNMP walk from LMS on CISCO-ERR-DISABLED-MIB - no info found there on port status

- did an SNMP walk from LMS on CISCO-STACK-MIB - I know that this MIB contains object portAdditionalOperStatus (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23) which shows the operational status of the ports, but it seems that ME3400 does not support it (although it supports CISCO-STACK-MIB), because I cannot see the SNMP reponse in the trace:

========================================================================

The following is a SNMP walk of device 192.168.6.89 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-STACK-MIB::portAdditionalOperStatus = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

========================================================================

So how does LMS knows which ports are in err-disable state?

Kind regards,

Velin

3 REPLIES

LMS 4.2 - Err-disable port state

Anyone?

I am having the same issue on

I am having the same issue on a 3750 switch stack. OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23 No Such Object available on this agent at this OID.

EDIT: I should add that I have other OID's querying and reporting correctly to Cacti for this same switch stack.

Hello,The OID that LMS uses

Hello,

The OID that LMS uses for detecting the err-disabled state of the ports is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.548.1.3.1.1.2 (cErrDisableIfStatusCause) from CISCO-ERR-DISABLE-MIB 

Velin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content