Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 incremental license problem

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problem with incremental licenses.

I currently have LMS 4.2 installed as a virtual appliance with a 300 device license.

Everything is OK, I can see my license (300 permanent) in Admin>System>License Management.

I also have an additional license for 100 more devices, that I tried to install using the GUI (update button).

After that, the GUI showed no more license at all (showing 0 record)???

I tried to restart the application (application stop LMS / application start LMS) and now I can log in but all application report errors (license).

When I list the files on the server (/opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses), I can see my 2 license files (one for 300 devices, one for 100 devices).

When I stop the server and then keep only the 300 devices license file (by manually removing the 100 devices license file), and restart the server again, every thing gets back OK : I have full access to the server and I can see my 300 device license.

I searched some log and found /opt/CSCOpx/log/conf/license.logConf here after :

more license.logConf

log4j.category.license=error,licenseAppender

log4j.additivity.license=false

log4j.appender.licenseAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{dd-MMM-yyyy}|%d{HH:mm

:ss.SSS}|%-5p|%c{2}|%t|%m%n

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.MaxFileSize=100KB

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.MaxBackupIndex=2

log4j.appender.licenseAppender.File=/opt/CSCOpx/log/dfmLogs/license/licenseCheck

.log

it seems to me that the my 2 license files are conflicting instead of adding one to the other.

Any help, please ?

2 Replies 2

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

The license file is text. Except for the PAK, what does the lic file contain? Do you see 'INCREMENT'

Anyway you will probably need another license so open a TAC case now.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel

Yes, I can see 'INCREMENT' in my 2 license files.

I opened a TAC case and I will let you know, when I have the solution.

Thanks

Caroline

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: