Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Network Devices configuration requirement

I have install LMS 4.2 and nat ip to discover found WS-6513 but cannot polling inventory.

I serch for document about configuration on Network Devices such as switch, router, asa etc. to support LMS.

But I cannot find it, anyone have example configuration or document about this ?

5 Replies 5

Thank for management guide. I also search on entrie document but not have any configure require for switch to work with LMS.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you verified the snmp RO comunity string? Use the protocol check in Device Center to check this.

The table below lists the required protocols for each LMS function:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps11200/deployment_guide_c07-683965.html#wp9000511

I already verified the snmp RO somunity string by use credentail verification but still cannot polling inventory detail.

Given that you have verified the SNMP RO community string and assuming you have a Supervisor 720 as noted in the compatibility matrix, you should be able to pull inventory.

As a next step I would check what is going on when you actually try to retrieve inventory.

Go into Device Center for your switch and select Tools > Packet Capture. Create a capture using the IP address of your switch and choose application SNMP (udp161). Give it adequate time, say 10 minutes (600 seconds). then go back into Device Center and choose Tools, Update Inventory. Once the Job Browser indicates the job is done )or failed), go back into the Packet Capture Window and examine the traffic captured (the jet file can be opened in Wireshark).

A successful Inventory update consists of a series of get and get-bulk requests and associated get responses from the managed device. If it's failing, there should be some response early on in one of the frames from the capture.