Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 New installation & Configuration

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Friends

I have been asked my company for installing and configure LMS 4.2 in one of customer.I have little bit experience in LMS 3.2 and I dont have in LMS 4.2.

Please advise me the steps of what are LMS can do.

01. Installation ( I can do it )

02. Configuring SNMP V3 to all Network Devices, Please check the following steps are correct or its need additional commands

Also Advise me for receiving TRAPS for syslog, ALERTS notification and End users details.

snmp-server view LOVEview iso included

snmp-server group LOVEgrp v3 priv read LOVEview write LOVEview

snmp-server user usrLOVE LOVEgrp v3 auth md5 c1sc0prime priv des primec1sc0

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x version 3 priv usrLOVE

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 copy-config

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 config-copy

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 eigrp

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 envmon

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 errdisable

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 snmp

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 stackwise

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 syslog

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 tty

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 vlan-membership

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 vlancreate

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 vlandelete

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x informs v3 vtp

03. Device Discovery I can do it.

04. For trouble shoot what are the steps for adding device and see in topolgy ?

05. How to configure email notification ?

06. How to configure Netconfig ? and Get configuration from a NW device?

07 For the above task what are the requirements ( Ex .SNMP V3, Telnet user name & Password, ....)

08. Without above credential can we do it or it is essential ?

09. What are the benefits of having LMS 4.2

Please dont refer any document I have all document but I dont know the steps. Please help me to get experience in LMS.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Hameed.

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Abdul,

2. for Traps  you need to configure :

snmp-server enable traps ?  >> you will see different traps . you can configure the one you want

- Informs is used for Acknowledgement  Only.

snmp-server host 192.168.x.x TRAPS v3 config-copy

If you need SNMPv3 traps to your host ,configure as below:

NS-6500(config)#snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 traps version 3 ?

auth    Use the SNMPv3 authNoPriv Security Level

noauth  Use the SNMPv3 noAuthNoPriv Security Level

priv    Use the SNMPv3 authPriv Security Level

4. Once the devices are added in LMS then automaticall after the DATA COLLECTIOn completion , you will be able to see the devices under TOPOLGY

If there is any issue ,it would be because of the mismatch JAVA version, if that is the case then

uninstalled the current JAVA from the machine and then if you try to open the topology , LMS will automatically download the JAVA_Version which is compatible with your LMS.

5. For email Notification  you need to do few things:

first configure the EVENT SET

second :Configuring Fault Notification Groups

lastly:

Managing Fault E-Mail Configurations

for  this , you have to refer the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/admin/admin/useNotif.html#wp1064930

6.  Thsi is the direct link for configuring NETCONFIG and how to push it on  devices:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/configuration/config/netcfg.html#wp1680447

7. for the above TASK , you will need Telnet\ssh and SNMPv3 READ WRTIE Access.

8. for Netconfig , we need to have the above credentials.

9. As you are already familar with LMS 3.2  . New Features in LMS 4.x are :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/install/guide/install/overview.html#wp1112862

I know ,you don't want the links but these are the direct links and hope once you look at it . you go to know why it was needed

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Dear Afroj

Thanks for your kind advise and given information. After successfully installed LMS 4.2 and found NW devices. I am facing an issue.

Access SW Devices are 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7 connected to the distribute switch of A and Access SW B also connected to the distribute SW A, in middle of these switches they have Access Switch X. The Switches connected to Distribute A are showing clearly and some Access Switches connected to SW B
also showing in the topology but middle of the X switch is not showing so there is no link between A&B. But when I do SNMP walk on that X devices ran successfully. I cant see in the device list and in topology view.

I have attached the picture for reference. Please advise how can I bring this device in to topology and see the link correctly.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Hameed.

try deleteing and re-adding that x device in LMS

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Dear Afroj

The device X is not showing in the topology. I tried the delete the device and discovered from strat discovery and tried with manually add the device. No use.

Q. For Netshow ( sh tech ) do we need telnet user account ?

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Hameed.

Hi Abdul,

Go to Inventory > User Tracking Settings > Acquisition Actions   , now click on Select and see if you are able to

see that device .

if not then it means , device has some issue and use to which DATA collection did not ran on it.

if yes , Ideally you should able to see the device in topology.

For Netshow it is directly it is not needed ,as Netshow will collect the information from the LAST CONFIGURATION SAVED for that device.

Thanks-
Afroz