cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 - SNMPv3 Auth and Priv Passwords Minimum Characters Length Limitation Issue

udid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an LMS 4.2.4 running on Solaris.

When I try to add a device with SNMPv3 auth and/or priv passwords that are less than 8 characters long, I get an error message.

Here is an example of the error message seen when the privacy password length is less than 8 characters (the auth password length is longer than 8 characters in this case):

Password and verify values for Privacy Password must be minimum of 8 characters length.

The error message appears as well if the authentication password length is less than 8 characters or if both auth and priv passwords length is less than 8 characters. Only the error message text is a bit different for authentication password.

The message appears either when trying to fill in the SNMPv3 credentials manually when adding a device or when creating a default credential set.

I found a known bug (CSCtr21972) which should have been already fixed in LMS 4.2 according to LMS 4.2 release notes.

I was running LMS 4.2 before the upgrade to 4.2.2 and 4.2.4 but I never tried adding a device with SNMPv3 credentials while running LMS 4.2, so I don't know if it had that limitation as well in 4.2.

I only tried this today after the upgrade to 4.2.2 and then again after the upgrade to 4.2.4.

In both versions I saw the error message.

Do you familiar with this limitation?

Do you know if there is any place where I can change it? I didn't find any SNMPv3 password policy like we have with the local users on LMS.

Attached is:

1.) Screenshot of the error message.

2.) Screenshot showing LMS version.

3.) Output of pdshow command.

4.) Output of uname -a command.

Thanks!

0 Replies 0