Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Topology Data Collection Issue

Lonemaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i have an issue with the lms 4.2 Topology Data Collection. After installation the Topology Data Collection was running normaly, but since first server reload the Topo Data Collect under Inventory > Dashboards > Device Status > Collection Summary is "frozen". It only shows the following content from first run:

Topology Data Collection    193    0    Not Available     Running    Schedule

Is there any option to stop this process elsewhere? I cannot find anything under jobs in running state or so. Clicking on Schedule only give me the option to start data collection, but lms always returns that the process is running.

Thanks for help.

CCNP R&S
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you are running into this ?  :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCua96032

You have to check the ANI.log and if needed crank up the debug levels for the data collection.

Seems that if a devices manages to make the data collection fall over, then it won't finnish.

Kinda silly that this can happen is what is supposed to be an old and stable part of LMS.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

No, the Data Collection is like the other campus jobs a subprocesses of the ANI server.

I get the impression that something did not work out correct when the server rebooted.

Matbe try a 'net stop crmdmgtd & net start crmdmgtd'

Cheers,

Michel

Good to know that this is ANI server subprocess. I tryed to restart the crmdmgtd a couple of times but doesnt help.

Regards,

CCNP R&S

Hi,

i have reseted the ANI db using NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

Everything is set to 0:

Topology Data Collection      0 0 Not Available                          Running Schedule

UT Major Acquisition            0 (0 End hosts 0 IP Phones) 0      Not Available Idle Schedule

VRF Collection                    0 0                                              Not Available Idle Schedule

But Topology Data Collection is still frozen to "Running" state....

CCNP R&S

You may want to compare the aniserver.properties file with the aniserver.properties.orig

It could very well be that you are missing a part of the file. Keep all versions of the properties files in a backup.

Replace the current aniserver.properties by the orig and restart the daemon manager. Still 'Running' ?

I'm not 100% certain what prat of the file is historic and what parts are actually used, so you have to try what works and what doesn't.

From an old backup, if you have one, you can also recover the aniserver.properties file.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

i have replaced the *.properties with the *.orig file.

I needed to edit the "AniName=" because the process returns "failed to run"...

After it there was no difference in status, still shows "Running"

Regards,

CCNP R&S

I do not know what iam doing wrong... Now, i set up the linux soft appliance *.ova, before it was w2k8r2 and after a while... Topology Data Collection is stuck in "running" state...

Why isnt there any stop button???

CCNP R&S

Maybe you are running into this ?  :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCua96032

You have to check the ANI.log and if needed crank up the debug levels for the data collection.

Seems that if a devices manages to make the data collection fall over, then it won't finnish.

Kinda silly that this can happen is what is supposed to be an old and stable part of LMS.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

yes we have ACEs running, i will check this and report. Thanks for your help!!!

CCNP R&S

Many Thanks to you Michel!! This has solved my issue. I removed the ACEs from LMS and have removed it also from my search rule. After Reboot everythings was fine.

Thanks a lot!

CCNP R&S
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: