Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Windows server PATH

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I just stumbled across the PATH variable on my LMS4.2 server.  This was a brand new out of the box 2008 R2 server when LMS 4 was first installed.  Now the path statement looks like this:

C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\wbem;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\lib;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;d:\software\CSCOpx\campus\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin\server;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\x64;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32;d:\software\CSCOpx\bin;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\wbemtware\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\binows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\\wbemtware\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\binram Files\HP\NCU;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

I have no explanation for this mess.  The only way that I believe it could have happened is during multiple upgrades of LMS.  If you look closely you will see that not only are directory paths mercilessly duplicated there are also some corrupt entries that form paths that don't exist, like the example in red above.

So after cleanup this is what I have come up with:

C:\Windows
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows\system32\wbem
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wbem
d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\lib
d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\campus\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache
d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin\server
d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\x64
d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32
d:\software\CSCOpx\bin
d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin
C:\Program Files\HP\NCU
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Does this look correct?  Is there anything missing?  Is your PATH variable hopelessly mangled too?

Thanks,

-Jeff

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would leave the path as it is. There is no issues with your LMS path's. As newer generation Windows are 64bit as well, processes get registered under registry @ sysWow64.

If you check your windows server registry (start > run > regedit) you'll find all the daemons registered here : 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cisco\ResourceManager\CurrentVersion\Daemons

WoW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit) is a subsystem of the Windows operating system capable of running 32-bit applications and is included on all 64-bit versions of Windows.

Keep them as they are and in case you face any problems share that, it can be found out, if it is due to some path missing or being additionally put. But if you edit Path and remove important one's, you may break the application.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Vinod,

Thanks for the reply I couldn't leave the path as it was.  It is not in my nature to leave something that corrupted in place.  I could think of no scenario where duplicate or non-existent path entries would be beneficial so I removed them.

PATH=C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wbem;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\lib;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\campus\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\jre\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\lib\jre\bin\server;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\x64;d:\software\CSCOpx\objects\db\win32;d:\software\CSCOpx\bin;d:\software\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\bin;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

All is well.  

-Jeff

Respect for what you have done. I closely see it now, I think removing duplicate entries should be perfect! 

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **