Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 4 Template Center issues

For years we have used baseline templates to deploy basic configurations to LAN switches as part of the staging process.  Since the baseline templates were developed more as a compliance check mechanism, I thought I would try to move this function over to the template center.  So I opened the LMS Configuration Management manual and read the Managing and Deploying Templates chapter, along with Appendix B - Config Template XML schema.  This left a lot unanswered, but I thought I would give creating a template a shot anyway.

So I exported one of the system defined templates and went about hacking it up to suit my needs.  The first thing I discovered was that when I tried to import my modified template and there was a problem with it the only feedback I got was a message stating Template import Failed. Unable to parse the XML file.Please ensure that the XML file is complaint to the schema.  Um... ok... that narrows it down.  Undaunted, I chopped most of the XML out until I got the thing to import successfully.  Then I slowly added the rest of the parameters in, one at a time and fixing any problems along the way. 

I finally reached the point where I was ready to test a deploy.  With great anticipation I clicked on Deploy, selected my test device, filled out the form and clicked Next.

Some fields might contain invalid characters, or required fields could have been left blank

What now?  None of the fields are flagged in the browser.  Is there any way to determine what it is that is missing without resorting back to chopping up the template and trying portions of it until I find it?  Am I going about this the wrong way?  Am I misinterpreting the purpose of template center all together?

-Frustrated

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies