Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4 - Topology Services does not launch

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just installed a LMS 4.0 and try to open the Topology Services Section to view the network, but when I click at Topology Services does not launch. I attached a picture with the message:

Steps that I've already tried (some of then base ond this forum)

- Launch Ciscoworks by name

- Use JAVA version 1.6.0_24

- Use Internet Explorer 7.0

- Use Firefox 3.6

- Restart the browser many times

- Restart the Server many times

I hope that somebody alredy seen this messagem and give a suggestion.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Making the directory \program files\java\jre6\lib\endorsed writable is already a security risk.

Making the whole java directory under full control is overdoing it.

If you investigated then you know where it it tries to write the jar's. Not need to open up the rest.

Your IT security people should validate this.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Try to make your directory program files\java\jre6\lib\endorsed writable for all users on your pc

Cheers,

Michel

Karim.elwardany
Level 1
Level 1

uninstall all java from add/remove programs in control panel.

download and install java 6 only.

use firefox.

make CASUSER account administrator on server.

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to thanks for all of you that reply my message and try to help it, but I found the solution and explanation for my problem on this forum. The problem is related with the user that is trying to open the Topology Services, when you click on it, JAVA starts a routine where is necessary to record 3 files (.jar) at an specific directory into Java folder, and by default, the windows user for any PC has USERS privileges, so it's not possible to record any data into Java folder, so to solve the problem, is necessary to :

Go to c:\Program Files\Java and add the USERS group permission FULL CONTROL to this folder, restart the browser and after that you will be able to open the Topology Services.

Making the directory \program files\java\jre6\lib\endorsed writable is already a security risk.

Making the whole java directory under full control is overdoing it.

If you investigated then you know where it it tries to write the jar's. Not need to open up the rest.

Your IT security people should validate this.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

This is the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\endorsed

So just give the FULL ACCESS for this directory.

Thanks for your observation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: