cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.x - is neccessary to run cdp or lldp for discrepancy reports?

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one question about discrepancy detection. How LMS provides the detection of discrepancy? For example when the ports have discrepancy about the duplex mismatch. Is it detected by CDP or LLDP or the some monitoring of discard statistics on interfaces is provided? Is neccesary to run CDP or LLDP between devices for looking for discrepancies?

Thank you

Roman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just CDP. I have not yet seen a link getting discovered via LLDP.

I think it needs CDP running to discover the links between the devices.

It will then check the discrepancies because it understands the ports are part of a link.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I have read on this forum I think in one of Joe posts that lms queries other mibs then CDP LLDP tables to obtain the duplex and speed settings.

However if these protocols are not running I'm not sure if the ports will be seen as linked ports.

Cheers,

Michel

Hello Michel,

thank you. So it is recommended to use cdp or lldp for the correct function of discrepancy reports, isn't it? Without cdp (lldp) the problem with the discovery of linked ports can occur, can't it?

Roman

Just CDP. I have not yet seen a link getting discovered via LLDP.

I think it needs CDP running to discover the links between the devices.

It will then check the discrepancies because it understands the ports are part of a link.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: