Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lms -adding of Groups

hai,

how can i create separate groups in Lms Portal (like Lan, Wan) and give separate access to these, i hav tried through the CM->Admin->Groups, but it isnt coming to give access separately

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create new views by clicking on the manage views icon on the upper right-hand corner of the portal screen. If you create these views under the Private portal, then only YOU will be able to see them. However, if you crate the views under the Public portal, then ALL users can see them.

There is no way to restrict views to certain individual users.

ya, thank u clarke

i like ur valuable knowledge base given in netpro forun,

i hav created a local user called lan for LAN purpose and Wan For WAN purpose , my requirement is to how to give separate groups for lan & Wan in Device Discovery & separate access to mdify the Devices in Lan & Wan

You will need to integrated LMS with ACS, then create separate network device groups in ACS, and assign those users their respective NDG under the ACS user group settings.

while i am adding in Lms the configuration of my Primary Nacs it is saying that "Service is not running on the port 49(Tacacs+), while i used 3rd party tool thats port is running

Integration only works with ACS. A third party TACACS+ server will not. If you want to use LMS with a third party TACACS+ server, you can only use the TACACS+ login module. This is configured under Common Services > Server > Security > AAA Mode Setup. You must choose Non-ACS mode, and configure the TACACS+ module.

The LMS server must be able to reach the TACACS+ server on the desired TCP port (tcp/49 by default).

hi,

i m out on a vacation, can u tell me how can i check whether

LMS server is able to reach the TACACS+ server on the desired TCP port (49)

any specific command in cmd prompt like ping(advanced)

From the LMS server, you can telnet to the TACACS+ server on TCP port 49. If you get a successful connection, that's half the battle. A sniffer trace of an actual TACACS+ session would confirm that requests and replies are happening.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: