Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS and AAS coexistence

peter.hill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need to deploy LMS 3.0.1 and AAS 2.1 into a customer's network. Physical space in the room destined to host the servers is tight, and I would like to know if LMS and AAS can co-exist on the same server. Has anyone ever done this?

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't see anyone attempt to do this before, but I would not recommend it. As CAAS 2.1 does file transfers and has web server there is going to be port contention. This may lead to one or both of the applications not working properly if at all.

Packet capture is a very important part of CAAS and this could cause more problems when installed with LMS as it also has a packet capture tool built in.

Also keep in mind that LMS does not support some of the operating systems that CAAS supports including linux and windows XP.

Thanks - Both Packages would be going onto a 2k3 server, Also LMS will only be interrogating Cisco and some Wintel servers, so I don't think the OS variance is an issue.

Regading the port contention, is it possible to change the Webserver or file transfer port allocation on either package?

CAAS = Opnet ACE?

curious, are you constrained by hardware? if so, light up MSVS and see how it goes splitting virtually...

ps Joe - understood that VMware is supported for LMS; any word on official MSVS support for those shops with ... err ... forced political connections to Redmond? (ie unable to choose VMware)

tks,

R.

Thanks, Unfortunately Design Authority is our limiting factor. Beefing up a single server with RAM and CPU isn't an issue, but changing the base O/S or platform residence is...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: