Helpful
Replies

LMS Backup - Cannot create or back up tar file

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have LMS 3.2 installed and the backup is failing with the following message

"Cannot create or back up tar file. Backup cancelled. Verify that you have write-access to this directory."

I have removed Cygwin and also the set the backup to offline yet the same result. Please assist on this issue.

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

Hi Joseph,

I am really struggling to get the LMS backup to work. I am also getting the following error now.

Backup failed on 2010/09/06 at 23:00:02. REASON: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/backup.LOCK file exists Most probably another backup process is running

Please assist.

Hello,

I removed the Lock file and now am getting the following error

Backup failed.ERROR(908): Cannot create or back up tar file. Backup cancelled. Verify that you have write-access to this directory., please look into the log file C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/log/dbbackup.log for more details

Please advise.

Post the new dbbackup.log and the backupstatus.properties I requested in my previous post.

Hi Dedra,

I will not give you as much help as Joseph, but will provide you an idea for possible problem explanation.

Just following your sentence:

I removed all traces of mentioned line but still the same problem.  Backup failed with the following message. I have noticed that all these  backup fail after writing 4GB of data into the backup directory.

Are you sure you don't generate any file bigger than 4GB on a FAT32 file system support, which cannot be possible (external USB storage) ?

It could be the reason for such a error message returned from your tar.exe process....

D:/CiscoWorks_Backup/0/upm/filebackup.tarC:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\tar.exe:  Write error: No space left on device would be the error message returned code from this situation oversizing file maximum size.

Any simple solution would be to format your USB storage to NTFS or change backup destination to NTFS partition somewhere else for test and eliminate this supposition.

regard,

andré

Dears ,

I cannot create a backup and Shows the below error ,what I do please ?

( [Wed Nov 20 19:53:24 2013]  ERROR(292): E:\LMS/backup.LOCK file exists

Most probably another backup process is running

[Wed Nov 20 19:53:24 2013]  Backup failed: 2013/11/20 19:53:24

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

So what can I do to solve this problem ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: