cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS-Campus Manager

ashley_dew
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to perform User Tracking acquistion without CDP enable, the Cisco Switches have been discovered and collected manually without CDP. As such no end hosts have been detected.

Is there a work around

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SNMPv3 with 2950 switches does not work in UT. The reason is 12.1 code lacks support for SNMPv3 contexts. You must use v1/v2c in order to get users connected to 2950 switches. In the next release of LMS, Campus will fallback to v2c for these switches, but that will still mean they will need community strings configured.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

User Tracking will acquire users from all switches which have been Data Collected by Campus Manager. As long as the switches show up as green with the correct icon on the Topology Map, then UT should be able to find users connected to them.

Thanks, for that,

I have the switches in the Campus Manager Devices in the topology, with status green, but no links (no cdp running), however i am not getting any UT data.

The thing that I have noticed is that the RME does not recognize the Cisco Catalyst 2950 switches, however the chassis, S/N is not identifiable.

I am using snmp v3 with the view oid-tree included. Is there a problem with the MIB view .

Is there an alternative one more appropriate, I have even used MIB-2 with no conclusive result.

Thanks

SNMPv3 with 2950 switches does not work in UT. The reason is 12.1 code lacks support for SNMPv3 contexts. You must use v1/v2c in order to get users connected to 2950 switches. In the next release of LMS, Campus will fallback to v2c for these switches, but that will still mean they will need community strings configured.