cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Config Archive Problem - TFTP

downeast75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have 2 LMS servers, one primary and one backup, each are independant of each other. Server-1 successfully collects configs (running, startup, and vlan). However, Server-2 does not collect the vlan configs. The error is "Could not determine the TFTPBOOT directory". It is strange to me that Server-1 is able to collect the vlan configs off of devices, but Server-2 can not collect the vlan configs. From the error message what settings on LMS on Server-2 should I check to get vlan to collect. We use SSH to collect the configurations.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, not yet. I have an enhancement request open to add other protocols, but it is currently not implemented. The bug ID is CSCsz66704.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What platform is Server-2? The vlan.dat is always fetched using TFTP. If SSH is your primary transport, RME will SSH to the switch, then perform a copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:. Therefore, TFTP is required to be enabled and working on the server.

thanks, I have found that our servers have disabled tftp, and I was told that it is intended to stay that way. Server-1 just happend to be missed and had TFTP enabled. With that is there any other option to collect vlan without using TFTP

No, not yet. I have an enhancement request open to add other protocols, but it is currently not implemented. The bug ID is CSCsz66704.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: