cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Configuration Archival Summary

p950mte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Is there a way to place devices that have failed to collect the configuration. I know why they have failed, i just want to "place these devices on hold"(FAILED)for a while until we have upgraded them, and without deleting them?

Regards

Mats

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > Normal Devices, and suspend the devices you do not wish to manage right now.

If you want to be able to quickly group devices that have not had their configs fetched, and you're running RME 4.1 or higher, click on the failed device count from RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt, then click the Export to device list button at the top of the report. You can then select the entire "saved device list" group from the device selector when suspending your devices.

Ok, Thank you! That was easier then i thought.

But will they disappear from "Failed" devices? Do i need to take the next step for that?

//Mats

They will not disappear from failed devices. The only way to do that is to have RME successfully fetch all supported configurations for the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: