Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Database consistency verification tool

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I upgraded from LMS 3.1 to 3.2 yesterday. The upgrade went well, but DFM and Campus Manager didn't work afterwards.

After a few searches on the forum, and the help of a great Cisco TAC engineer, we were able to solve the PIDM database inconsistencies that were preventing DFM links from showing up. And Campus Manager needed a kick in the butt to start again it seems.

My PIDM table had many duplicate device ids, some registered to DFM 2.0 (on the previous server) and some registered to DFM 3.1 (current server). So it seems the previous upgrade (from 2.6 to 3.0 and then 3.1) had some bad entries.

My question for the pros is this : is there a tool that can be run against the LMS databases to check for inconsistencies like these ? Duplicate entries, wrong server names, application version, and other nasty stuff ?

My next chore is to move LMS from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008, but before I do that, I'd like to make sure the DB is clean

Thanks!

Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there are no tools to verify data consistency.  There is a tool to validate the file structure consistency of the database, but if the database is running, that is typically not an issue.

The PIDM table is the source of quite a few problems, but they are generally easy to sort out.  If you have a good backup of your 2003 server data, I would say you can do the 2008 migration.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there are no tools to verify data consistency.  There is a tool to validate the file structure consistency of the database, but if the database is running, that is typically not an issue.

The PIDM table is the source of quite a few problems, but they are generally easy to sort out.  If you have a good backup of your 2003 server data, I would say you can do the 2008 migration.