Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS - Device Center - No access to syslog report

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

We use LMS 3.1 installed at three Win2k3 servers.

ACS integration is configured and looks fine!

But in the device center I have no permission to view the syslog messages report.

Failure message:

"CMN0016: You are not authorized to do the operation "Syslog Messages Report" for the selected device."

By using the links on top for each of the syslog severities I get the report.

There is no permission for any device on my user.

Thanks for helping!

Sven

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a bug. Are you otherwise authorized to modify syslog message filters?

I can modify message filters or auto actions.

Generating syslog reports is possible, too.

The only thing, that does not work with syslog is the link at the device center.

There is definitely a bug in the task being authorized, but it sounds like you should still have access. I can provide a patch to fix the task if you contact the TAC.

In the meantime, go to ACS, and look at the RME role for your user's group. Go to Shared Profile Components, and look at that role. Go to Tools > Syslog. What boxes are checked?

Okay, I will contact the TAC on Monday.

The role for RME -> Tools -> Syslog

on ACS looks good. All options are enabled.

Another failure of the link to the syslog report is, that the servername is the short one instead of the right FQDN of the server.

Because of that I have trouble with the certificate of the server.

This situation is the same with all links to slave servers.

I know that it is recommended to use the short names for the servers.

Is it possible to fix that by hand?

What do you want to fix exactly? You want everything to be the short hostname?

Sry for my unclear description.

I want to use the FQDNs of the servers as they are configured because nearly all works fine.

I know the script for changing the hostnames to the short ones. If there is no way to change the links I have no other posibility.

Thanks!

The links should all be relative to the URL you used to access the server. So, if you access the server with FQDN, then all of the links in Device Center, for example, will all be fully-qualified. If you are seeing something specifically wrong, it would help to see a screenshot.

That is exactly the problem!

All links on the protal to the slave servers are FQDN and work.

Only the links in the device center are with short names.

On the screenshot you can see in front the "report generator" opened directly out of the portal with FQDN.

On the bottom you can see the link to the config view out of the device center shown in the status bar with short name.

***edit***

I checked another smaller solution installation. There all links are FQDN, in the device center, too.

This will require that you re-integrate with HNW2K3CISCO03. Before doing this, you should regenerate the certificates so that they are using the FQDN. After doing that, you will have to re-import the certs on both servers.

There is a patch available from TAC for the issue with the Syslog Message Report.

Bug-ID: CSCsy96055

You can get a modified file SyslogReportAllMessages.class to resolve the problem.

having the same issue only on 1 server when trying to use syslog reports.

CMN0016: You are not authorized to do the operation "Syslog Messages Report" for the selected device.

Start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: