Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have installed LMS 3.0 as follows:

server 1:cm,dfm

server 2: rme

server 3: ipm

server 4: CW view,

the CM seems not to be discovering devices as i want it to,what do you think i still need to configure to make it work,i have done all necessary configs on each of the application.

Secondly,i want the Server 1(CM,DFM) to send the syslog messages to SERVER 2(RME),cos on all devices it was the server 1 ip address that was config to receive the syslog messages.My question is,can i config the RME Server to import application from the CM,DFM server.

Can someone please kindly and urgently reply to this ASAP,many thanks in advance,cheers.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How have you configured discovery on Server 1? what happens when you try to run it? What errors do you get?

If you want Server 1 to forward messages to Server 2, you will need to install the Remote Syslog Collector (RSAC) on Server 1. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0/install/guide/appendc.html for details.

To add applications from Server 1 on Server 2, go to Common Services > Server Home Page Admin > Application Registration, and register the applications from Server 1. You can also add a Remote Portlet to your Portal. To do this, add a new portlet, and select Others > Remote Portlet. Specify the server, and choose the portlet you want to add.

Hi Clarke,

thanks for your reply,here are the things i configured on the server 1:

CM- schedule CM data collector,device poller,user tracking acquisition,device discovery.

For DFM- Notifications for alerts,SNMP trap receiving.

When i run it,it runs but the number of devices that was discovered as manageable were just 26 devices and i have well over 3,000 devices not up to 4,000 devices,majority of which are cisco devices and they have snmp,cdp enabled on them and i bought license for 5,000 devices.

What do you think i need to configure to make it discover more manageable devices faster and quicker,please reply,thanks once again,cheers.

Check to make sure that the missing devices use the same SNMP credentials that you've configured in Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > SNMP Settings. Check your Discovery filters to make sure you are not excluding these devices. Make sure that the missing devices have neighbors which can be traced back via CDP to a seed device or other device currently in DCR.

Finally, check the discovery.log for any errors related to your missing devices.

Thanks once again buddie,but how do i check the discovery.log for errors.

The issue is that i can discover close to 1,000 devices right now using CNC,though still running and when i run the device discovery using the same IP address from the ones i got from CNC as a seed devices in CM,i seems to find less devices,26 devices manageable ones.

This is the issue i need to resolve,thanks buddie,i deeply appreciate.Cheers.

What about the other things I told you to check? What Discovery filters do you have setup? How many devices do you have in DCR?

I just left the customer site may i will check that tomorrow,but how do i check for discovery.log error,pls reply,thanks.

Search the discovery.log for the word "ERROR".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: