Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Discovery

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello friends,

I want to reach remote sites from head quarters LMS,i have a firewall in HQ connecting to mpls router which in turn connecting to all the sites,through MPLS link,i wanna discover some devices on remote location and also after discovery i want to manage them fully,

I wanna know which ports i have to open on firewall for LMS full functionality throught the country for branch locations, for some basic i know ,SNMP.CDP ICMP,and i think there are many more?????? pls ur inputs are needful

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just for Discovery?  All you need is SNMP (udp/161) and ICMP (if using the ping sweep module).  For the rest of LMS, you may need to open tcp/23 for telnet and/or tcp/22 for SSH.  You will also need to leave SNMP and ICMP open.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just for Discovery?  All you need is SNMP (udp/161) and ICMP (if using the ping sweep module).  For the rest of LMS, you may need to open tcp/23 for telnet and/or tcp/22 for SSH.  You will also need to leave SNMP and ICMP open.

Hello Joe

U know the zero's and 1's of LMS.u r the real expert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: