cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Installation on Different drive

Alewis
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install LMS on different drive than the operating system drive? We try not to install ony programs on the OS drive but rather a much larger data drive. is this possible? if not i will have to repartition drives and kill my machine.

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0.3/installation/windows/guide/instl.html#wp1014397

I do not see why not, except the caveat "We recommend that you specify a short path for the destination folder."

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is possible, and will work just fine. Many customers have LMS on a separate drive from the OS. Doing so eliminates a considerable amount of writes to the system drive thus reducing the chance of possible OS corruption.

Thank you! i was using the typical option which chooses the directory automatically and doesn't let you change. i switched to custom and it is installing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco