I am unable to do Data inventory. (all jobs failed)
I did a test on 1 device; i removed it from the RME devices, and from the DFM devices list.
discovered it again and the discovery ended successfully.
I then added it back to the the DFM and RME devices lists and did a job INVENTORY COLLECTION for this device only (credentials were also added), and left it for more then 12 hours and the job is still in the running status, what can i do about this issue
I am running LMS 3.1 for Windows. I am having a similar problem and have been working with the TAC to resolve it. I went through a similar exercise, verifying credentials, deleting and adding devices etc. All with no success. It seems that I can not collect device inventory on a 3750 or 2950 switches. IC gets stuck on these type of devices and then can't proceed with inventory collection for other devices. The error handling in IC needs a fix in order to overcome this issue. Working with the TAC Engineer we ran a series of diagnostics and batch files in order to determine the problem and possible fixes. I have spent a considerable amount of time in Webex sessions, gathering logs, debug output and sending it to TAC who then forwards it on to the developers in India. I am expecting to hear back from them today with next steps. Stay tuned...
That would be a mistake. Your inventory problems may be completely different than this other user's. You should post the IC_Server.log so your problem can be identified.
Your problem is upgrade related. The database was not properly upgraded with the correct schema definitions. We've seen this a few times before, and it points to an improper installation on Windows.
The best solution is to fix the installation problems, uninstall, then reinstall LMS from scratch.
First, run the uninstall program, and remove LMS. Then reboot. Then login as a local Administrator on the server's console. Set the values of the TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP. then, disable anti-virus software. Then do the reinstallation.
When the reinstallation is complete, reboot. Then apply any patches and updates you may have had applied previously. Again, do these as a local Administrator on the console with anti-virus software disabled. After all of that, the RME database should be good, and inventory (and everything else) should work.